I'm looking for an MVNO to use my unlocked iPhone 5C on. Any suggestions?

Bobokins

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I currently have a unlocked iPhone 5c and I'm using it on T-mobile's prepaid 5GB, 100 mins plan. It's $30/mo. I'm not very happy with coverage though. I only get coverage on the highway and cities. I'm looking for a MVNO to use it on. I'm considering CricketWireless, but I wanted to know if anyone has a better idea. And I know Cricket caps speeds at 8mbps. Thanks!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Choosing Carrier

Pretty much any GSM carrier will work with the unlocked iPhone 5c, I guess it just depends on how much you want to spend for your service. I would suggest AT&T/cricket wireless.

Bobokins

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

I didn't mean will it work, I meant which do you recommend in terms of service. Sorry I didn't make that clear! But thanks for your opinion :D

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

I use AT&T for my carrier because they are pretty good where I live. T-Mobile isn't that good where I live. You could go with AT&T prepaid plan also.

Bobokins

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Would you advise CricketWireless(same as ATT, but speeds can't go past 8mbps; it's also $10-$15 cheaper per month) or just use ATT GoPhone?

Eight Ball

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked non-carrier branded 5c on Cricket. The only drawback is LTE doesn't feel any faster than non-LTE, or even slower. I might have poor LTE coverage where I live, but podcasts download faster if I switch off LTE. Ookla speedtest show LTE speeds close to 8 and 4G close to 4, but LTE just doesn't feel faster than 4G in my daily usage. YMMV. I did have T-Mobile for awhile on just talk and text (no data) and where Cricket really shines is indoor cell reception.