I'm curious to know if any of you guys own both an iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus and an iPad?

I

iMore Question

if you do, has your usage of the iPad gone down because of the larger iPhone?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air. I don't use my iPad Air as much, but I want to keep it though. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I have shared the same experience with you. When I first got the 6 Plus I didn't feel the need to use my iPad, so I more or less went without it for the first few months.
However, recently I've started to use it a lot more because it is good for media consumption while relaxing around my house; especially as it means I won't consume as much of my phones power. It's basically become a streaming device for me now with a little bit of web browsing. A good device nonetheless.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6S & an iPad Air.
I am a heavy user of the iPad Air and my usage has not changed since getting the 6S.
Good Luck

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My iPad usage dropped like a lead balloon when I got my 6 Plus. The main problem was that it also had to compete with my MacBook Pro Retina. Between my 6s Plus and my MacBook I don't really have a need for an iPad. Everyones' needs are different, and I may one day find another use for an iPad.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6s Plus and an iPad Mini 4. Totally different usage pattern on those. The screen on the iPhone is 1/3 or less of the size of the iPad. I don't even know how people can find that the phone can substitute a tablet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently own an iPhone 6S Plus and an iPad Mini. I'm rarely on the iPad Mini and am almost always on my iPhone. Having said that, I might be purchasing the 9.7 inch iPad Pro (if it pans out) because my MacBook is all, but toast. If what Apple unveils tomorrow is powerful enough and allows for comfortable computing them I will get it. If not, I'll spring for a new MacBook Pro soon.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
My iPad mini and my daughters iPad 2 haven't been used at all since getting our iPhone 6s Plus. But my granddaughters iPad 3 gets used daily with her playing her toddler games.

iAppleDoYou

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPad Mini 2 and an iPhone 6S Plus. Even with the larger iPhone, I still use the iPad Mini 2 more for browsing and watching videos.

douceur1010

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a laptop pro, an iPad Air and recently got an iPhone 6s Plus. I'm still using the iPad much more than the iPhone because of the larger screen. But I'm retired so am home a lot. I think if I was working it would be different. I use the iPhone when I'm out instead of carrying my iPad, which is great. Also the battery life is longer on the iPhone, so move to the iPhone when my battery is dead on iPad.

For me the iPhone 6s Plus is replacing my iPod (very old version), my e-reader, my previous cell phone (not an iPhone), my small camera, and my ipad when on the go. I got the 128GB so I could have all my music and photos on it. I will not be using it to watch movies.

I basically stopped using my laptop since I got the iPad.

Hope this helps.

douceur1010

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Starting again.... Last comment didn't show

I have a MacBook Pro, an iPad Air, and recently got an iPhone 6s Plus.

I use my iPad much more than the iPhone because of the bigger screen size. But I'm retired so I'm home more. I think it would be different if I was working. I got the iPhone to replace my iPod (one of the original versions), my e-reader, my small camera, my old cell phone (not an iPhone), and my iPad when on the go. So so worth it. I got the 128GB so I could have all my music and photos on it.

I do a lot of reading, social media, picture manipulation, picture sharing, on iPad so the bigger screen is better. But purchased the iPhone 6s Plus vs iPhone 6s or 5s because of its larger screen size and its better camera.

I never use my MacBook Pro since I got the iPad Air.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855