Ideas? Bluetooth and VMWare not playing nicely together.

I

iMore Question

Just upgraded in the last month to VMWare 10.1 andOS X High Sierra on my circa 2015 Macbook Pro. After upgrading, when shutting down VMWare it completely "removes" Bluetooth from OS X. Not that it just turns it off, it's like the MAC doesn't think there is any bluetooth hardware or something. There are no on/off options just a little squiggly line where you'd normally turn bluetooth on or off.

Restarting VMWare makes the normal menu options reappear and turns bluetooth on and it works fine to control the various things it normally controls.

I've looked high and low at options in both VMware and OS X, but haven't found anything that will fix this.

Ideas?

Perry

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Suggest submitting a support request to VMware as based upon your description, sounds like there could be a bug in the 10.1 release.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... No problems here. Absolutely yes to submit it to VMware. Their support is very good.

Maybe try zap PRAM? Peripherals behaved poorly after my Mini had the OS upgrade and that got it happy with the trackpad and mice again.

Perry_Orne

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I opened a VMWare Support Request and they tell me, "We would like to inform you that our Engineering Team is currently working on this issue on the PR# 1941404. However, as of now, we do not have any ETA regarding the fix. "

So, nothing to fix it until they get it patched.

Perry

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77