iCloud vs Google (sync)

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I just did this last night, as I am in the same situation. My wife and I use 1 PC, with 1 apple ID, and 2 iphones. I went into the icloud settings, and noticed my (our shared) apple ID was in her icloud settings. I hit the big red Delete button - it will only delete off the phone not the account entirely. I then went and created a new icloud account for her with a new me.com email.

One reason I want to switch from google calendars to icloud is that we share calendars. This has worked great with google, but we keep getting invites / notifications whenever the other changes or adds an appointment. I like this feature, but my wife does not. I turned it off in her google settings, but it still send notifications. Must be a bug

I tested with icloud last night and there is a notify toggle for icloud that behaves as it should.

Now Im learning how to transfer data to icloud.

Jason

I did the same last night and created her own iCloud account (using her existing email - .aol email address) and everything seems to work nicely now.

Also, make sure you check under: Settings - Messages - "receive at"
Your wife should now be receiving her iMessages at her own phone number and her own iCloud email. If this email still shows your shared Apple ID and not her new me.com address, make sure you change it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon