iCloud Backup Restore

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone.
At some point I’ll have to replace my device (pro max) cause I already damaged the glass back.
My question is, do I need to do anything else other than restoring my iCloud backup?
Do I have to mess with settings, individual app settings etc again after that? Or I will start right where I left off?

Thanks in advance,
CJ

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it were me, I’d do both an iCloud backup and iTunes/Finder backup, just in case. You may or may not need to restore the device after the screen has been replaced.

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site
If it were me, I’d do both an iCloud backup and iTunes/Finder backup, just in case. You may or may not need to restore the device after the screen has been replaced.

That’s what I’m planning to do to be sure. I think I’ll get a new device since the back is broken, that’s why I want to know if there is a right (or wrong) procedure to follow with the backup.
Anyway, all I really want to know is if all my data settings/app settings/individual settings etc will be restored with the backup!

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
That’s what I’m planning to do to be sure. I think I’ll get a new device since the back is broken, that’s why I want to know if there is a right (or wrong) procedure to follow with the backup.
Anyway, all I really want to know is if all my data settings/app settings/individual settings etc will be restored with the backup!

Backing up to iCloud is very straight forward and will back up virtually everything, unless it is already in the iCloud (like, for instance, Messages if switched on). With an iTunes backup, you would need to enable encryption to save health data.
Neither methods save your Wallet details.

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Backing up to iCloud is very straight forward and will back up virtually everything, unless it is already in the iCloud (like, for instance, Messages if switched on). With an iTunes backup, you would need to enable encryption to save health data.
Neither methods save your Wallet details.

Thanks, that’s what i want to know. Health data, wallet cards and purchase history, app settings, device settings ( individual background app refresh settings for example etc etc).

Long story short, i tweak almost all phone and app settings once i get it. I just want to know if I have to go through all that hustle again.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, that’s what i want to know. Health data, wallet cards and purchase history, app settings, device settings ( individual background app refresh settings for example etc etc).

Long story short, i tweak almost all phone and app settings once i get it. I just want to know if I have to go through all that hustle again.

All your adjustments should be saved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1