I wish my iPhone would...

Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
Let me copy and paste text

This is a killer for me. I often copy a URL from an email that doesn't have a link attached and/or phone numbers from text messages.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
i wish clicking a phone number in a txt msg would allow me to add a contact or add it to existing contact rather than just dialing it. A work around for this is to click the number then immediately hang up. Then go to your recent calls and click the blue and white ">" next to the number. Now you have the option to add a contact or add the number to an existing contact.

Chris Kingree

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
I also forgot to mention, I would like to see it be able to view anything you do in landscape or at least when you have to type something. I find it more comfortable to type when its landscape then portrait.

mshaw1515

Dec 23, 2004
Visit site
Picture calling - i'd love to have the option to have photos tiled on the favorites page instead of names.

BTW - the picture ID behind the options block on outbound calls seems useless - i'd rather have a small pick of the person im calling above the options...

ohbw

Feb 5, 2005
Visit site
Let me attach a photo to a reply I'm sending, rather than making me initiate a new email from the photo corner of iPhone.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Ah Syphex troll alert

how sad... doesn't seem like the phones worth it to me

I was told to stop hijacking threads like you are here.

The tread is "I wish my iPHONE would".

Do you own one or just trolling?

Thanks

Wish mine would allow me to create sub-folder in mail to manage inbox emails.

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
I don't own one, but my brother does, and I'm very impressed with what the iPhone can do now and *most importantly* what I think it has the *potential* to do. I've thought of buying one, but the negatives of the device combined with the negative financial impacts for me (having to pay $60/month vs $30/month for my Sprint plan and having pay an early termination fee (or keep my Sprint contract active and effectively pay $90/month)) have made it a no-go for me. Anyways, as someone who can appreciate the good things about the iPhone but who saw some real negatives about the iPhone, I'd like permission to reply to this thread. ;)

I played with an iPhone at an Apple store on Saturday and played a bit more extensively with the web browser today with my brother's iPhone. I actually created a thread at TreoCentral about my reservations with the iPhone's browser methodology and, after playing with it more, I confirmed my concerns. The browser is cool for showing off to others (when in a WiFi zone, in particular). The idea of displaying a desktop-optimized web page as-is sounds like a great idea in theory. Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn't have an 800-pixel-wide screen (which is what the majority of web sites are optimized for), so what you're left with is a mile-high view of a website where much of the text is unreadable. You then have to zoom in to certain portions of the page to read the actual text (often requiring horizontal scrolling).

What really surprised and disappointed me, though, was how it "handled" mobile-optimized websites. I navigated to one of mine and found that the iPhone wanted to display it as if it was a full-size website. So what I got was a mile-high view of unreadable text.

So one of the big things I would change (and I fear Jobs will be too stubborn to change, since it would require him effectively admitting that the mobile browser majority were already doing it right) would be to offer a "mobile optimized" mode which rescales graphics and wraps text to fit the iPhone's 320-pixel-width or 480-pixel-width (depending on how you're holding it) screen, eliminating the need for zooming in/out or scrolling right/left.

mshaw1515

Dec 23, 2004
Visit site
let me build a custom dictionary with shortcuts like Textras for Palm...

ie - wo = without; bc = because; dts = date, time stamp

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowanJack