• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

I want to remove the News App from my Watch, but...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can't seem to do so. I lightly press on the app icon, and all apps start to wiggle, EXCEPT for the News App. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to delete it?

Thanks in advance!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I know that there are some apps that cannot be removed from the watch, and the News app is one of them. According to https://www.macworld.com/article/34...lete-built-in-apps-from-your-apple-watch.html , this is a list of the apps that can be removed:

• Camera
  • Now Playing
  • Breathe
  • Cycle Tracking
  • Alarm
  • Timer
  • Stopwatch
  • Radio
  • Walkie-Talkie
  • Noise
  • Remote
  • ECG

(I'm not sure what would happen, though, if you deleted the News app from your iPhone. Maybe it would disappear from the watch, too?)

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Assuming we're talking about the Apple News app:

IMG_0347.jpg

You should be able to remove the app from your watch using the Watch app on your phone. You should also be able to completely remove the app if you wish.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to remove the app from your watch using the Watch app on your phone. You should also be able to completely remove the app if you wish.

Are you sure about that? Because I see the same thing as @Annie_8plus - the News app never shows an uninstall "x" control when the apps are in wiggle mode, and the Watch app on the iPhone has nothing about the News app at all. (Again, what I haven't tried is to uninstall the News app from the iPhone, but I use the News app myself on the iPhone, so I don't want to uninstall it.)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure about that? Because I see the same thing as @Annie_8plus - the News app never shows an uninstall "x" control when the apps are in wiggle mode, and the Watch app on the iPhone has nothing about the News app at all. (Again, what I haven't tried is to uninstall the News app from the iPhone, but I use the News app myself on the iPhone, so I don't want to uninstall it.)

Shows on my 6s Plus.
ceab955e742c1f1a4ae23fa5cf5d56da.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Shows on my 6s Plus.

I don't mean on the iPhone home screen - @Lee_Bo said, "[FONT=&quot]You should be able to remove the app from your watch using the Watch app on your phone. You should also be able to completely remove the app if you wish."

So, can you uninstall the News app from the Watch using the Watch app on your 6s?[/FONT]

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Are you sure about that?

Nope, I'm not sure about anything when it comes to electronics.

All I do know is I currently don't have it installed. However, I did re-install it on my phone and I now see it on my watch. Just tried to swipe left to delete ( I have my icons in list view) and it looks like you can;t uninstall it just from the watch. You'll have to uninstall it from the iPhone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Nope, I'm not sure about anything when it comes to electronics.

All I do know is I currently don't have it installed. However, I did re-install it on my phone and I now see it on my watch. Just tried to swipe left to delete ( I have my icons in list view) and it looks like you can;t uninstall it just from the watch. You'll have to uninstall it from the iPhone.

Yep, that did it! It’s kind of too bad!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman