I share my location indefinitely

I

iMore Question

I share my location with my parents indefinitely I wanna know if I was at home then shut my phone off and go to my gf house will they just see that I am at home?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! While I don't condone lying to your parents I will tell you that your iPhone cannot report its location while it's turned off.
Shame on you for asking!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I share my location with my parents indefinitely I wanna know if I was at home then shut my phone off and go to my gf house will they just see that I am at home?

In addition to the answer given above, I will share a little tidbit with you. My kids, at some point, tried doing exactly what you described, but as soon as they got home, I took their phones, put it in DFU mode, wiped it completely, and then kept it for a while (weeks). They were ticked, but I didn't give a crap because I purchased the phones, I paid the monthly bill, and I personally told them the rules as well as the consequences upon giving them their phones. They never did that again. They're grown now and are paying their own bills.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In addition to the answer given above, I will share a little tidbit with you. My kids, at some point, tried doing exactly what you described, but as soon as they got home, I took their phones, put it in DFU mode, wiped it completely, and then kept it for a while (weeks). They were ticked, but I didn't give a crap because I purchased the phones, I paid the monthly bill, and I personally told them the rules as well as the consequences upon giving them their phones. They never did that again. They're grown now and are paying their own bills.

PREACH!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Bravo! BRAVO!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

You know I'm loving this Sounds a lot like I run my household

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2