• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

i am gutted..... another bad iphone 5.... screen imperfections from factory......

yardwork2009

May 21, 2009
Visit site
i cannot tell you how annoyed and pissed i am right now

my first iphone had the creaky corner everytime you touched it..... luckily i noticed it right out of the box and returned it, decided to wait until apple got their QC together!!! i live nowhere near an apple store, all this is done via apple canada webiste

so... get my 2nd iphone yesterday and like a fool i clean out the old 4s and get the new iphone 5 all ready to go, change sim cards (old one is now no longer valid) and am about to put the screen protector on when i notice about 5 or 6 perfectly straight vertical hairline scratches on the screen.... in certain lights you cant see them, in others they are VERY noticeable... i will post a pic asap

i cant believe it!!!! now i have to buy another sim card to get back onto my 4s, send this phone back!!!!!

i may be done with the iphone 5 for a while, clearly its not in the cards for me :(

yardwork2009

May 21, 2009
Visit site
tried to take a pic, scratches dont show up.... forgot toa add, also put on a full bodyguardz on the back and sides just to add insult to injury!!!

anyone else see these little tiny hairline scratches on their screen from the factory? i did some searching and coudnt find anything similar

yardwork2009

May 21, 2009
Visit site
just got a return label... she tried to send me a complimentary screen protector and case cause they know their phones are scratched.... i told her no way, i want a refund

brutal.... i am off the iphone, i see everyone else loving their iphone 5 why cant i!!!!!!

asuperstarr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This is technology. We have to remember nothing is perfect. Yes it's an inconvenience but these things happen even with Apple. I'm sure everything will work out okay.

yardwork2009

May 21, 2009
Visit site
thx for the post

well, i had to buy a sim card for the 5 which is now no good, have to buy another for my old 4s so that i cant get that phone up and running again... i wasted a full back bodyguardz on it as well... so i am out 50$+++

i was hoping that apple would get it together but i guess not... gonna stay with the 4s till 2013 and see what happens then

i8paste

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
i cannot tell you how annoyed and pissed i am right now

my first iphone had the creaky corner everytime you touched it..... luckily i noticed it right out of the box and returned it, decided to wait until apple got their QC together!!! i live nowhere near an apple store, all this is done via apple canada webiste

so... get my 2nd iphone yesterday and like a fool i clean out the old 4s and get the new iphone 5 all ready to go, change sim cards (old one is now no longer valid) and am about to put the screen protector on when i notice about 5 or 6 perfectly straight vertical hairline scratches on the screen.... in certain lights you cant see them, in others they are VERY noticeable... i will post a pic asap

i cant believe it!!!! now i have to buy another sim card to get back onto my 4s, send this phone back!!!!!

i may be done with the iphone 5 for a while, clearly its not in the cards for me :(

This is quite shocking 2 times in a row, sucks. But don't blame "Apple" or your Carrier for that matter, as these phones are sealed in China at Foxxcon and no one in the states or the great north sees what's inside until they arrive. I'm sure if you explain your mishap with Apple they will be more then happy to help you. Remember treat/ talk to them as you would want from somebody else. You might be stoked on what they can do for you.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Apple will replace it via mail and I think body guard will exchange the protectors under warranty

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Zaisaroni

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps it would be prudent to inspect your next device before you wipe your 4 and install accessories... Make sure you backup too!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Doesnt suprise me

Really.....

Because tons of iPhones have had problems with quality control......

Say.....

How did all those nuked and bricked Blackberry 99xx work for those people who got stuck with them?

I know what I did.....

I got an iPhone 4S so that I would never get stuck without a phone again....

Like when BB service down and left everybody high and dry for four days.

Really.....things not exciting enough waiting for BB10 that you need to go to other forums to disrupt????

Pathetic.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Their avatar picture looks like they are eating a rat...or an old wall phone...probably the latter since they seem to have an affinity for dying technology.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman