How to use two apps at the same time.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the 2017 15" MacBook Pro. Can I run two apps, like iMovie and iBooks, at the same time? What I mean is I'm reading a book on iBooks about iMovie and I'm running iMovie at the same time. Can I do this like on the iPad Pro or do I need to read on a separate device?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello, you can do split screen on your MBP. All you have to do is click and hold the green bubble (next to the red bubble and the yellow bubble which closes and minimise the app) and it will zoom you out so that you are able to place one app on one half of the screen.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh WOW!!!!!!!!! I tried it and it works. Thanks a lot for the help.

Update: Now how do I get the words to get bigger so I can read them? The print is too small.

I had cadirac surgery on my eyes a couple of years ago. Wondering if the glasses might need to come back. If not, might just have to buy an iPad and use it for iBooks and stuff like that. Got rid of my 12.9" one when I bought this MacBook Pro. Don't know if I want the 10.5" one. Might just have to get a mini just for iBooks. Seems crazy but might not have a choice.

Last edited:

hallux

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Pinch-to-zoom works on Macs (actually, more like "spread to zoom"). Go into System Preferences, open the Trackpad item and browse through all the gesture options.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77