• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

how to send attachment

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
how to attach a attachment to a reply email

I came from Blackbery and Droid sending a attachment right from my composed email was easy as pie.
How do you do it with an Iphone HELP Please:confused:

First, I realize that the option to add an attachment to an email reply is not officially supported, but I'm hoping there's clever way to do it.

I've found a bunch of ways to send attachments if I'm creating a new message, it's just the reply option where I'm missing the functionality. IT WAS SO EASY ON BLACKBERRY AND A DROID.
WHY NOT ON A IPHONE

Last edited:

Accidental Post

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Lets say its a picture.

Open the picture hit the little curved arrow and you will get a menu to send as message or email and some others send in email.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You can not open a new email and attach like on a blackberry don't know why .. You have to go to what you want to email then select email and it will attach it then select who you want to email

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You can not open a new email and attach like on a blackberry don't know why .. You have to go to what you want to email then select email and it will attach it then select who you want to email

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

That's one of the things I miss the most from my jailbreak. Just adding attachments from the email.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
and to attach other types of applications like documents you have to use third party programs.. I use air sharing it works well for attaching documents that I send out all the time..

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
darn

you can not open a new email and attach like on a blackberry don't know why .. You have to go to what you want to email then select email and it will attach it then select who you want to email

sent into orbit from my iphone 4s using tapatalk

thats bass backwards

wildoit

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
sending attachments

I wanted to attach a photo after replying to an email.
so i went to photos, selected the photo and selected the photo then hit 'email photo' this brings up an email with the photo attached. Here went into copy mode selected "all" made the copy. Now I went back to the original mail and pasted the copy. The "reply" email sent the photo as an attachment.

this way you can send multiple photos in one email. It is not convenient but doable.

Note you have to erase the multiple "sent from my iphone" sign offs that appear or you could select the photo instead of 'all"

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use the jb app anyattach. I don't think there is an easy way without a jb app ...

Scarlet

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DANNCAS

rodger-bb

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can
1st go to your photos and push the arrow button on the top right side.
2nd select all the photos that you want to send.
3rd open the email app
4th start your email
5th press and hold within your text body of the email then select paste from the pop up

Hope this helps.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can
1st go to your photos and push the arrow button on the top right side.
2nd select all the photos that you want to send.
3rd open the email app
4th start your email
5th press and hold within your text body of the email then select paste from the pop up

Hope this helps.

You forgot step 2 1/2 hit the "copy" button;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman