• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How to save ALL my contacts into iCloud?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a french speaking person.. Many thanks for letting me in.

My question is in the title. I am looking for help. I use an iPhone 5S and my computers are under W10. Even after reading some suggestions from some members of this group, i still cannot display all my contacts under iCloud.

Thanks

Via a computer, export your W10 contacts and then import them to iCloud. The imported contacts will sync to your iPhone, if iCloud is configured properly on the device.

Vaudousi

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I was not clear. Language barrier.

The iPhone displays 104 contacts. The title says " Groups All my contacts", But when I do a backup via iTunes, only 73 contacts are saved.

I read all posts in this thread and tried to apply the recommended procedures, but without success.

I do not know how the file was separated into two parts. I fear to lose some.

The iPhone is a 5S with iOS 9.2

The computer with iTunes is an Asus G10AC (I7 - 16 Gb - 1 Tb). OS is Windows 10.
TKS.

luminosity6

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I was not clear. Language barrier.

The iPhone displays 104 contacts. The title says " Groups All my contacts", But when I do a backup via iTunes, only 73 contacts are saved.

I read all posts in this thread and tried to apply the recommended procedures, but without success.

I do not know how the file was separated into two parts. I fear to lose some.

The iPhone is a 5S with iOS 9.2

The computer with iTunes is an Asus G10AC (I7 - 16 Gb - 1 Tb). OS is Windows 10.
TKS.

Hi,

Are you using Outlook desktop on Windows 10? If yes, and if you have both accounts set up in Outlook, you can drag the contacts into your iCloud account. I recently moved my contacts from my old email account to iCloud this way.

revdocajv

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
You rock, Jennnnnnn!
I spent hours and in no time it was done..ugh
Thank you!
Now working on setting up apps on my iPad air
Is there a way to automatically have them pick up the login info from iPhone?

broozm

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I can confirm that this still works (Nov 2018 on a new iPhone model MQ8H2X/A)
iOS 12.1

It's NOT intuitive to turn OFF the iCloud syncing and back on, but it works. The restart after doing this may or may not be requried (I did restart). Oh, and backed up before any of this!

One the process is complete - there is no longer an option to save contacts "To my phone" - which is sensible - and there are no Groups to toggle on and off..

As an additional safety measure, once the contacts synced with the icloud, on a webbrowser, select all the contacts and download as a large set of vcf files..

I think this issue arises when a new hone starts being used without the AppleID set at the main point for all syncing...?

Thanks. This worked for me. -->Settings-->Mail,Contacts,Calender-->Off iCloud Sync(Delete all Option)-->On iCloud Sync.

Post sync, all your iPhone contacs should be available on iCloud aswell. thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman