• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How to move pictures into different folders with out them being deleted elsewhere?

mohawk apple

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have some pictures in my camera roll and photo stream that I'd like to put in a new folder and I did just that. But when I deleted off of my camera roll they also got deleted from my new folder I just had made for them!

Is there any way I can have them in that one folder! Instead of having two of the same pics in two folders?
Hope I'm making seance!
Thanks

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to delete photos from your camera roll and not in an album from your phone.
You could make a photo album in iPhoto and then sync the photos onto your phone through iTunes, hence having photos in that album and not in camera roll. You can't edit or delete those photos without iPhoto and re-sync though.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Will apple ever get this feature working? I would love to give the iPhone 5 a try but with how they manage files and folders within the phone keeps me on android. I like the fact I can move pics around create folders move them add or remove widgets to screens etc....

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Will apple ever get this feature working? I would love to give the iPhone 5 a try but with how they manage files and folders within the phone keeps me on android. I like the fact I can move pics around create folders move them add or remove widgets to screens etc....

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

I doubt they will fix it. They view it as you said. A "feature." It's annoying.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Step 1: Launch the Photos app on your iPhone 5.
Step 2: Select the Camera Roll option.
Step 3: Tap the Edit button at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Tap the image you want to delete, which will display a red circle with a white checkmark inside of it.
Step 5: Press the Delete button at the bottom of the screen.
Step 6: Touch the Delete Photo button to complete the process.
If you want to delete multiple images, you can select more than one picture in Step 4 above, then complete the rest of the tutorial.
That will also delete the picture from the folder the OP made. This is the exact method they used and had problems with. It's not a solution.

Today is May 6th. This thread died in November. If you're going to bump it, at least read what it said?

annaharris

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Go into the iFile and open var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/. You will get all your camera roll photo albums there, create a new album there into the same folder and put the copy of the photo in it which you want to move. Your photo has been copied, now you can delete that photo from camera roll...

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have some pictures in my camera roll and photo stream that I'd like to put in a new folder and I did just that. But when I deleted off of my camera roll they also got deleted from my new folder I just had made for them!

Is there any way I can have them in that one folder! Instead of having two of the same pics in two folders?
Hope I'm making seance!
Thanks

I am new to the iPhone 5, still own several Android devices. I like IOS but I feel this is a perfect example why this needs a solid file management system. Something you can ad, delete and move files around.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomoreimore