How to enable hidden Facebook for iPad (pc)

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So it has been found within the Facebook for iPhone update. I found many guides online for how to enable it with macs but none for pc so here's how I did it.

connect your iPad to your computer
install the iPhone version of the Facebook app on your iPad
Open or download and open iFunbox ; your connected iPad should be listed there
inside iFunbox open the Facebook folder under "Apps"
navigate to the subfolder called "Facebook.app" and open it
copy the file "info.plist" to your desktop and open it (I simply copied the file to desktop then opened it with notepad)
Then change the value of "UIDeviceFamily" to "2" (from 1) it's near the bottom .
copy "info.plist" back to your iPad via iFunbox (replace the old version)
Exit device safely then respring your iPad and hey presto. Facebook for iPad opens when. Click the Facebook app.

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
ipad 2, the first couple of times I tried it, the app would crash and close on opening it. Now, the app icon doesn't even appear on my homescreen, though it shows as being installed in my settings menu, weird.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There's a mention on the TiPB's front page article on this in the comment's section saying FB may be somehow blocking the altered app from access...

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I can't help with your current problems guys. I saw a mac guide and just done it the exact same way it described but used ifunbox for pc. U can use ifile direct on the iPad if it's easier tho.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinemichael37