How Many iPhones Were Sold?

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
According to Verizon this was the best one day pre order in history so my guess would probably over 1 million

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

treevis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. A lot of factors involved. My shipment coming UPS, and FedEx is exclusive courier with Verizon, so they had to utilize more resources. And by delivering and selling in stages, they wont overload the couriers and the network quite as bad. Also, Apple and Verizon had there head straight by releasing at this time, due to tax returns.

I would agree! Throw an extra 1 million stops into the UPS or fedex system in one day and it would nearly cripple them.

MUDPLZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
A guy at the Verizon store told me that the pre-order was over a million. He also said that the Verizon store employees have to be in at 3:45 on the 10th to get ready for sales. He also said usually they get a ridiculously low amount of phones when it is a new highly wanted model.. Like less than 20, he referenced the Droid.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A guy at the Verizon store told me that the pre-order was over a million. He also said that the Verizon store employees have to be in at 3:45 on the 10th to get ready for sales. He also said usually they get a ridiculously low amount of phones when it is a new highly wanted model.. Like less than 20, he referenced the Droid.

I know when the droid x launched the store by me only got 20 on launch day and sold out by 10 am and had to send the phones overnight to all the people who didnt get one in store. I cant see the iphone being any different. A LOT of people have been waiting for this phone on verizon.

RECKLESS#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well given that it is just a pre preorder, and it you were able to order at 3am est and they sold out at 5am just two hours later. I'd say they sold "more like 10 sh*tloads." Quoting Marcus Fenix.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well given that it is just a pre preorder, and it you were able to order at 3am est and they sold out at 5am just two hours later. I'd say they sold "more like 10 sh*tloads." Quoting Marcus Fenix.

They didnt sell out in 2 hours I had a friend who ordered at 9am which if they sold out in 2 hours he wouldnt have gotten his phone today which he did.

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
They didnt sell out in 2 hours I had a friend who ordered at 9am which if they sold out in 2 hours he wouldnt have gotten his phone today which he did.

As I recall, the site stopped taking preorders about 18 hours after opening. I think all those who preordered got their order confirmed

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost