How long does it take to receive an iPad order?

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
With Apple.com's shipping disclaimer of "Ships within 7-10 Business Days", how long does someone actually wait to receive their order in hand from the day the order was placed? Is it safe to say about a week after the 7-10 bus days time-frame, total 2-3 weeks?

I don't know weather I should buy one on CL to avoid having to wait or go ahead and place the order on the Apple site. The part I love most of buying new gadgets (or any new purchase for that matter), apart from playing with them of course, is opening the packaging. It feels like Xmas.

Thoughts? Suggestions? a/s/l? (lol)

Last edited:

mrguilt

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I did a thread called "How Long in 'Prepared to Ship' Status" which has my experience, as well as others. You may want to look for that.

Short answer: 7-10 business days reflects from order to ship. Ship time will ad a few days too it--it literally ships from China. I ordered mine the evening of May 5, and just got it on Monday, May 17. At the time of order, we were still in "5-7 business days." Mine went "prepared to ship" on 5/12, 5 or 6 business days, depending on if you count the Fifth.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I didnt place my order online. When I finally decided to make the purchase I made one last attempt to go to a nearby Apple Store. Of course they were sold out so they put me on the reserve list. I figured I could call a second store to get put on a list for that location as well. Turns out they had a few in stock so I made the purchase there.

Note: I put myself on the reserve list at the initial store I visited on a Thursday and by the following Tuesday I received a follow up email my iPad was available for pick up.

Not too sure why it's taking so long for delivery from the website.