How do you share apps?

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
okay... hope this helps.
i assume you both use separate accounts for itunes?

1. I dont know if this needs to be done, but under preferences > sharing tab, select "share entire library"
2. turn on home sharing for both computers. use one username for both computers for home sharing.
3. authorize your account on her computer and authorize her account on yours. if you are using windows, it is under store > authorize computer

as others have said before, the drop down list only appears after the other person's library has fully loaded onto your itunes

good luck
Good job simplifying my convoluted explanation. Only correction is that people have to switch step 3 and step 2. It won't let you enter your account in turning on sharing on the wife's computer until you authorize your account on her computer.

So, authorize your account on her computer and THEN turn on sharing on her computer using your account name and password.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yep worked perfectly and took me 3 or 4 minutes so once you actually do it, it's so simple.

So as obee and JON-a-Roll have said I followed these steps on my GF's laptop and I have Mac and she has Windows so it doesn't matter at all, have my laptop on with Itunes open

On her laptop
1. under preferences > sharing tab, select "share entire library" on both computers

2. Authorize my account on her computer (authorize her account on yours, if you want her apps, etc.) if you are using windows, it is under store > authorize computer(Mac too)

3. turn on home sharing for both computers. used my username for both computers for home sharing.

Bonus when you turn on home sharing in the right pane at the bottom if you click Options/Settings you can check all the things you want to auto transfer new purchases.

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
Well, try later, I did. I started itunes on mine, then hers, and lo and behold, everything showed up on her computer, almost instantly. I did nothing different. It just worked.

Excellent.

Thanks to everyone who posted the steps here.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted :D If you have a huge library it may just have needed time to open everything up. Also you know how things work on computers sometimes you need a little reboot of either the computer or the program to finalize settings and get it working.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77