How do I remove iMessage from a new desktop Mac?

I

iMore Question

How do I remove iMessage from my new Mac desktop computer? It's shared by the family and I have no need to send or receive iMessages there.

I have disabled my account in iMessage preferences, however, when I open iMessage on my iPhone 6, an icon pops up by the Dock on the desktop indicating that iMessage is in use. If you click on the icon, it opens iMessage on the desktop. It doesn't appear to show my message, but it does show who I am sending a message to. How do I turn this off?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
How do I remove iMessage from my new Mac desktop computer? It's shared by the family and I have no need to send or receive iMessages there.

I have disabled my account in iMessage preferences, however, when I open iMessage on my iPhone 6, an icon pops up by the Dock on the desktop indicating that iMessage is in use. If you click on the icon, it opens iMessage on the desktop. It doesn't appear to show my message, but it does show who I am sending a message to. How do I turn this off?

Welcome to iMore!!

Go into the settings on your iPhone 6 and under messages where it says Text Message Forwarding... make sure there is no device listed there.
Now the reason that the icon shows up on your desktop is because of Handoff.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77