How do I back up my iPhone from my iCloud and not get what my kids have backed up

I

iMore Question

I've given my old phone to my daughter and when I got my new iPhone 7 I backed up to my iCloud's which has given me everything from my old phone I've lost that phone and I've bought a new one and tried to back it up but it has given me my daughters back up because she is still conected to my iCloud on my old phone (how do I back up from my first iPhone 7 back in January to my new iPhone 7 in which I bought 3 days ago )

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi
It sounds like you've let your daughter use your Apple ID.
Good idea in principle but in practice it's not alway helpful.

Firstly I'd sign out of iCloud on her phone and restore your new 7.

Then set up your new one and it *should* give you the option to Select another backup when doing so.

When you on is back I'd have a look at family sharing so your daughter can have her own Apple ID and iCloud space whilst enjoying all the paid for content from your account.

If that doesn't work let us know

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
If you have not backed up your January phone by connecting to iTunes and you have no backup of it, you can't, has your daughters backup over written your backup, if so your stuck.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to delete the old phone back up. Your daughter needs her own Apple ID. Sharing an ID causes many problems.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77