• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How can I decide which photos go into iCloud photo library?

I

iMore Question

I've read two (apparently) contradictory pieces of information:

1. It's not possible to control which photos get synced to iCloud photo library.

2. The Photos app can have multiple libraries on a computer e.g. If I were importing from both iPhoto and Aperature, then these would go into separate Photos libraries.

Assuming you maintain multiple Photos libraries on a computer, is it possible to just sync ONE of them with iCloud photo library?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've read two (apparently) contradictory pieces of information:

1. It's not possible to control which photos get synced to iCloud photo library.

2. The Photos app can have multiple libraries on a computer e.g. If I were importing from both iPhoto and Aperature, then these would go into separate Photos libraries.

Assuming you maintain multiple Photos libraries on a computer, is it possible to just sync ONE of them with iCloud photo library?

You can't pick and choose which photos get synced from your i-Device, at least not to my knowledge, however, via a computer, you should be able select which photos you want to upload to your iCloud Photo Library.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sachin Suthar