How about a Red or Blue Limited Edition X

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
At $1K, I’m not sure how many Products Reds they’d sell. ...but we all know, there’s no real reason for the X to be $1K except for greed.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
At $1K, I’m not sure how many Products Reds they’d sell. ...but we all know, there’s no real reason for the X to be $1K except for greed.

Its considered Apple’s flagship device, and they do offer options that aren’t as expensive. Samsung’s flagship is $1000, too. It is what it is🤷🏾*♀️

sleepnclass

Feb 10, 2018
Visit site

Disagree, the materials aren't cheap. Stainless steel, the cameras, etc. Plus the R&D to make the phone, develop it, pay people, etc.

It's easily the nicest phone in the price bracket. Samsung's Note 8 and Pixel XL 2 aren't anywhere near as nice in terms of fit and finish, and quality. I own all three and can say this from experience.

Samsung comes much closer to Apple with the Note 8 in terms of hardware but it's still not as nice. That's my opinion though. Vote with your wallet. If it's too much or not worth it there are other options. The iPhone 8+ is great.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Different colors should be standard nowadays. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of choosing between space gray, silver, and gold all the time. Red and blue options should be standard.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Disagree, the materials aren't cheap. Stainless steel, the cameras, etc. Plus the R&D to make the phone, develop it, pay people, etc.

It's easily the nicest phone in the price bracket. Samsung's Note 8 and Pixel XL 2 aren't anywhere near as nice in terms of fit and finish, and quality. I own all three and can say this from experience.

Samsung comes much closer to Apple with the Note 8 in terms of hardware but it's still not as nice. That's my opinion though. Vote with your wallet. If it's too much or not worth it there are other options. The iPhone 8+ is great.

The cameras are better on the Pixel 2 XL and it manages to be less expensive. The Pixel 2 XL's rear camera can do most of the gimmicks from iPhone X's camera, but better and with a single lens. But I agree with you that the build quality on the iPhone X is better than the P2XL's build quality.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The cameras are better on the Pixel 2 XL and it manages to be less expensive. The Pixel 2 XL's rear camera can do most of the gimmicks from iPhone X's camera, but better and with a single lens. But I agree with you that the build quality on the iPhone X is better than the P2XL's build quality.

This isn't completely true. There is an advantage to having the second telephoto camera, trying to take a similar "telephoto" picture on the Pixel 2 XL will not have a comparable quality. Also, the iPhone is still rated as taking better video than the Pixel 2 phones -- each phone has their own strengths. And the build quality (particularly the Samsung OLED panel and the Stainless Steel), as well as the extra camera and other features, are why the iPhone X is more expensive.

As others have said, you have to judge what is important to you and buy what fits you the best. It is great having choices.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I agree and I would even bet if Apple made a red/white/blue model, it would sell enough to justify the special color production run.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Different colors should be standard nowadays. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of choosing between space gray, silver, and gold all the time. Red and blue options should be standard.

I agree and I would even bet if Apple made a red/white/blue model, it would sell enough to justify the special color production run.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
They need more than the same old grey and silver, especially given the display is one color now they need to offer perhaps the 256GB (or hopefully 512GB) in other colors, make that the key to the larger edition.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77