Headphones stuck on

carriedobbs

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
I have tried everything and I still cannot get my ringer back on. I turned the phone off 20 times, I used a cotton swab, I tried the bic pen, I plugged headphones in and took out, I reset network settings, I had two people call and it rang, but I could only talk via speakerphone and then the ringer went back to headphone mode after the call disconnected. I tried putting it in airplane mode for a while and that didn’t help either. I also had my privacy setting issue today where I cannot turn location off even though restrictions are set to allow changes. And earlier, my camera stopped working temporarily. I have not dropped my phone in any liquid. I do, however, believe that my phone is being monitored by someone and these things are making me very suspicious. Can someone please tell me what to do here? Again, please read everything I have already tried before responding. I scoured online and have done all the suggested things I could find already. Thanks!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me what to do here?

I'd say that you should make an appointment at the Genius Bar of your nearest Apple Store. Nobody will be able to diagnose completely without seeing the phone, and it sounds like you tried all of the troubleshooting steps. Because of the other issue on your other thread, it sounds like you have multiple issues.

One ultimate thing to try would be to reset the phone to factory settings and reload everything from scratch, but a Genius Bar appointment sounds like an easier thing to try first.

Last edited:

carriedobbs

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
I managed to get my headphone issue fixed. It actually just started working again on its own. I also got the location issue fixed as well. Thank you for responding. I do believe I will have it looked at. Do you know if Apple charges for that? I have extended warranty through Verizon, but I do not want to pay a deductible if I don’t need to. Especially since they give you a refurbished phone! Complete waste of money insurance seems to be.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get my headphone issue fixed. It actually just started working again on its own. I also got the location issue fixed as well. Thank you for responding. I do believe I will have it looked at. Do you know if Apple charges for that? I have extended warranty through Verizon, but I do not want to pay a deductible if I don’t need to. Especially since they give you a refurbished phone! Complete waste of money insurance seems to be.

Thanks for the update and we’re glad the issue is resolved.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I use to have this problem when I had the iPhone 6s plus. and I was just clean out the headphone jack and play around with the volume button and it would work again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson