has the rumored 5s kept you away from upgrading to the 5?

jvernwald

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I used to try and keep up with all the growing and changing cell phones but, it's impossible! I usually end up skipping every other new version. I do like that Apple has to raise the bar more and more with every new phone... It forced other companies to do the same. A little friendly competition is good...right?!?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my iP5 this weekend, and for me to replace it this summer with the iP5S/iP6 or whatever they call it I would require something truly innovative. A camera bump or processor isn't going to do it that is like saying you got 30 more HP in your engine so what. I will get my money's worth over the next 6-18 months depending on the upgrades offered. I would like something really big but I just don't expect it to happen so get the iPhone 5 now, I did and I'm happy.

KaterinaM

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that kept me away from buying iPhone 5 is all bugs and problems that were reported after the release. Most of them are fixed now, but still the impression is spoilt.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to see the fingerprint scanner coupled with NFC mobile payments. If the 5s does not have this, I will hold out for the iPhone 6. My old iPhone 4 running on iOS5 is working great.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would really like to see the fingerprint scanner coupled with NFC mobile payments. If the 5s does not have this, I will hold out for the iPhone 6. My old iPhone 4 running on iOS5 is working great.
I had a fingerprint scanner on the last Windows laptop device I owned and rarely used it and as greasy as smartphone displays can get, it may prove to be a hassle. In regard to the NFC thing, I'm not interested. All I care about is that the phone continues to be professional-looking, be easy to use, have a fluid OS, excellent call quality & decent battery life.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I personally think a fingerprint scanner is too gimmicky. Just like the "eye-scrolling" feature of the GS4. I'm sure not many people would use it. However
NFC would be nice as more accessories are coming with NFC and pairing would be as simple as touching your phone to the accessory. I'm now seeing some places pop up with NFC payments.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I personally think a fingerprint scanner is too gimmicky. Just like the "eye-scrolling" feature of the GS4. I'm sure not many people would use it. However
NFC would be nice as more accessories are coming with NFC and pairing would be as simple as touching your phone to the accessory. I'm now seeing some places pop up with NFC payments.

At some point, NFC may catch on like wildfire and I may want it in the near future, but right now, at least for 'me', it's not an issue or a deal breaker. I definitely agree with you in regard to the fingerprint scanner....:)

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess what I am saying is, if Apple can make NFC payments secure, with the additional last-level of authentication being the fingerprint scanner, then I think that would be awesome. If you lost your phone - no worries.

It would be a pain to type in a password each time you wanted to pay for something. Much easier for the consumer to just hold their thumb somewhere on their phone and have the transaction completed, securely.

I think if Apple introduces this, you will see it pop up in more places. I want my iPhone to replace my wallet. The time is now.....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess what I am saying is, if Apple can make NFC payments secure, with the additional last-level of authentication being the fingerprint scanner, then I think that would be awesome. If you lost your phone - no worries.

It would be a pain to type in a password each time you wanted to pay for something. Much easier for the consumer to just hold their thumb somewhere on their phone and have the transaction completed, securely.

I think if Apple introduces this, you will see it pop up in more places. I want my iPhone to replace my wallet. The time is now.....

I understand and what you're saying makes sense...:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB