Has anyone changed the battery in their iPhone 6S? If so, how is it performing?

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I chatted online with Apple support and believe me they are really nice. Well they diagnosed and told me that my battery is at 81% now and I can change it, I am from Pakistan and unfortunately Apple has an authorised dealer here but they refused to change the battery, I wanted to know what are my options then to change the battery?

Secondly did anyone changed the battery under recent $29 battery program? Does it perform better now in terms of battery life and performance?

Thank you

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is at 87% and I made an appointment to get a new battery. Apple called me to schedule an appointment and they said they'd call me w/i 3-5 days of the battery arriving at the store. While on the phone, the Apple tech went through some settings, which I already knew about, but one thing she did go over was some of the iCloud settings.

I use gmail for all my mail, calendar, and contacts. She had me select, under iCloud, mail, contacts, calendar (amongst other things) to back up, prior to my battery change appointment. Since I use gmail for mail, contacts, and calendar, I'm afraid that if I do an iCloud backup of these settings, then do an iCloud restore following the battery replacement, that I'll end up with duplicated email, contacts, and calendar entries once I restore and then re-sync with my gmail.

Anyone have any insight on this? I'm thinking to NOT backup via iCloud mail, contacts, and calendar.??

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is at 87% and I made an appointment to get a new battery. Apple called me to schedule an appointment and they said they'd call me w/i 3-5 days of the battery arriving at the store. While on the phone, the Apple tech went through some settings, which I already knew about, but one thing she did go over was some of the iCloud settings.

I use gmail for all my mail, calendar, and contacts. She had me select, under iCloud, mail, contacts, calendar (amongst other things) to back up, prior to my battery change appointment. Since I use gmail for mail, contacts, and calendar, I'm afraid that if I do an iCloud backup of these settings, then do an iCloud restore following the battery replacement, that I'll end up with duplicated email, contacts, and calendar entries once I restore and then re-sync with my gmail.

Anyone have any insight on this? I'm thinking to NOT backup via iCloud mail, contacts, and calendar.??

anyone have any feedback on this? I really dont want to a) lost my gmail contacts, and emails, b) restore from a backup and have Duplicate contacts and emails...

THanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy