• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Half logged into Apple id on iPhone - when they disabled my Apple id. What do I do?

I

iMore Question

Half logged into apple id on iPhone - when they disabled my apple id

So the past three months of my life with this iPhone 6 plus have been horrible. It was stolen back when I had only had it a week. Also, I bought it from Gazelle (bad I know.) Thing is, Apple had me logging back into my iPhone (I had erased it via icloud to ensure the device was linked to me actively) using an old encrypt key I had previously made but then stopped using. Halfway through the set up - which seemed to be going successfully - it wouldn't connect to the network using my home wifi. It had BOLDED connect to a different network. Then it would flash some weird network, but it would disappear. I had no idea what to do so just stopped using my cell altogether for a couple days. Then I went on my email, only to find that Apple disabled my ID due to security etc. So...now I'm half logged into a phone with a disabled ID. What on earth am I supposed to do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Half logged into apple id on iPhone - when they disabled my apple id

Contact Apple to verify your identity so that they can unblock your Apple ID and/or the iCloud Activation lock. If you're unable to do that, there's nothing any of us can do for you except advise you to make arrangements to get a new smartphone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman