Guess the next generation iPhone release date

When will the iPhone 5 be released?

• Total voters

tikishark

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree

Apple is in a precarious situation right now. Many people are coming off a two-year iPhone 3 GS contract and are in position to either purchase a year-old iPhone 4, or jump over to android. As much as everyone is touting the 4's greatnesss, the simple truth is when the average user walks into a Verizon or AT&T store, they are looking for the "best or newest phone - not something a year old. Even the sales staff (at least at Verizon) push people towards Android. Apple will need to release something this summer or risk losing customers.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Apple is in a precarious situation right now. Many people are coming off a two-year iPhone 3 GS contract and are in position to either purchase a year-old iPhone 4, or jump over to android. As much as everyone is touting the 4's greatnesss, the simple truth is when the average user walks into a Verizon or AT&T store, they are looking for the "best or newest phone - not something a year old. Even the sales staff (at least at Verizon) push people towards Android. Apple will need to release something this summer or risk losing customers.
Perhaps.

However, I would argue that many iPhone customers are phone owners because of the iPhone. If the iPhone had never been, they would still not have a phone. It is far easier for me to visualize a PC user buying a Mac than the other way around. To me the time to buy a new phone has far more to do with when Apple announces one than it does with when my contract with AT&T ends.

mrmisc91

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I hope the next iPhone finally gets a 4 inch screen! 960x640 will still be amazing at the size. I just need a bigger screen! Sometimes I really do have a hard time reading on the screen and it would nice to have a bigger screen when writing. If the next iPhone doesn't have a bigger screen, I'll go to a ATT Nexus S.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I can't say I agree with you 100%. I do think what you say is mostly true, but there are many other factors too. The thing is, the iPhone 4 may be a year old, but it's arguably the best phone on the market for a lot of people. When I got it on Verizon, I could have had any android phone, some of which have "better specs" (regardless of performance), but I wanted a phone that just WORKS. I wanted the Apple experience. I wanted a phone that would sync with my computer easily and completely. I wanted the Retina display. For me, the iPhone is the best phone on the market (especially from what I hear about the current Android frontrunners). And short of the Thuderbolt, it's the newest phone to come to Verizon, even though it's a year old. The phone just DOESN'T act like it's a year old phone. There are a lot of factors playing into what phone a person chooses, and I think a late summer/early fall release won't be that big of a deal.

YoungChrisG#IM

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My God, is three months REALLY that long to wait? I mean, I understand how long one quarter is in the tech world trust me. However is the biannual upgrade going to burn a whole in people's pocket so bad they say "kcuf Apple, if they won't deliver the same time they have in the past I'm going to Android/Blackberry!" I really think not.

silversurfer20

Feb 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
June-July release on both networks at the same time is going to be my guess. I'm gonna need to see something pretty amazing to make me get it too. If not I'll wait til its been out for a hot minute then get it at a discount. lol

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What's up with the spam but I think it will be later this year. And it better have lte.

I really think LTE is out of the question. Not enough networks have it going plus Apple isnt going to compromise the battery like the HTC Thunderbolt did. Apple will need much more detailed testing. I say the iPhone 6th gen will have LTE

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dromen