Google has pre-announced the Pixel 9 Pro Fold, a phone with a terrible name but 100% more hinges than the next iPhone — over to you, Apple

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve only seen a few people with a foldable phone in public, and by few I mean less than 5. I see iPhones, Google Pixels and Samsung smartphones, but mostly iPhones.

With that being said, I’m not sitting around desiring a foldable iPhone and I don’t know anyone else who is.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't want a folding iPhone for the same reason I don't want a folio style case. I simply don't want to have to fold anything. I'm a grab and look person. Then there's the likely over the top price.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The real question is. What is the actual market for a foldable iPhone?

It’s a shrinking market, with newly launched models declining in sales.

c9f8e532806c362a2fda2b82d9f0b6ea.png

I’ve only seen a few people with a foldable phone in public, and by few I mean less than 5. I see iPhones, Google Pixels and Samsung smartphones, but mostly iPhones.

With that being said, I’m not sitting around desiring a foldable iPhone and I don’t know anyone else who is.

Here in Europe I haven’t seen a single foldable device, never seen anyone with a pixel, haven’t seen any Samsungs recently either. It’s just iPhones.

Here in Italy on a remote island, even the taxi operators have all switched to iPhones and are using apples tap to pay for payment.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaikcorey83