Good time to buy an SE?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So, I kind of wanted to buy an SE when they came out, mostly because the price is so good and it was/is my favorite iPhone design. Is now a good time to buy or will they update it soon? Thanks.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
So, I kind of wanted to buy an SE when they came out, mostly because the price is so good and it was/is my favorite iPhone design. Is now a good time to buy or will they update it soon? Thanks.
I think it's a great time to buy one. If they will update it or not has conflicting rumors.

If you would like to wait for the latest rumor to happen or not to happen, maybe wait until September. There's a rumor about a possible event including the SE this month but who knows.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello there

You say you kinna waited to get the SE because of the price, if you wait and if some rumors are true there is a slight chance it´ll be updated (along with the price) maybe the old SE will be discontinued, they are all rumors right now.

But IMO actually the best time to get an iPhone is when you can ($) and want to get it.
Check to see if you can find good deals.

Cheers :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I can say in regard to Apple updating the iPhone SE, but hey, if you really want one, go ahead and get it...

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd go for it. Personally it's fast sleek and very easy to hold and pocket. My wife has one and refuses to use 6/7 sizes. You won't regret it, what device do you have currently?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Cricket (AT&T) has the iPhone SE 64GB for $229. While it will be locked, if you switch to their Unlimited plan, they will unlock it immediately. So you can buy the phone with a month of service (even the cheapest plan), get down to the last few days and switch to the Unlimited plan (they prorate the plan, so you're just paying a few dollars extra), and request the phone be unlocked. Or, you can buy the Unlimited plan when you buy the phone, get it unlocked immediately -- you can even then downgrade your plan after (though the difference will be added as a credit to your account).

I also say buy the SE now, as long as you buy one of the discounted SEs. While Apple may come out with a new version, it will likely cost at least double compared to what the current SE is selling for.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
If I was in market for a smaller phone I would definitely pick up the SE with the discount they now have .Truly the Best small smartphone on the market right now .

faith3935

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I've paid $198 for my AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE 32GB with my employee discount. I had to charge my Note5 2-3 times a day and my camera had trouble focusing so I got tired of it and got my SE. No regrets whatsoever.