Going beyond the limit of app screens on the iPhone 3GS!

jimmy-m

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
We don't need a video. Just explain how it works and I'm sure we'll all have no problem reproducing it on our own IPhones.

Put up or shut up. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

vnairborn

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
WR

On a standard non-jailbroken iphone 3GS you can create up to 11 app screens by default. And if you have created more than that without jailbreaking (without using anything like Redsnow, Quickpwn,) then you can boldly march towards your apple store to get their comments, I congratulate you on your achievement. But if you have used any of the above tools then your warranty becomes invalid and will not get any support or replacement in case of damage.

So make sure what you've done doesn't make the warranty invalid.

on your side-good advised-thanks

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow obivously fake. If this was real you would have posted the pictures. You probably just want to be important. Just so the OP knows not many people need more 180 apps. I have 30 third party maybe. I use folders anyway so I doesn't crowd my screen.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
That's freaking awesome!

tinyurl.com/moreapppages

This totally works. Not only for a non jailbroken iPhone as shown in the video, but on my 3G, jailbroken, with 5 column springboard installed. Plus you can still theme the new pages just like earlier ones (Page0.png, Page1.png, etc.). Now I'm off to a new frenzy of app organizing. :D:D

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I have encountered something similar using spotlight search. I like to keep my apps to a minimum and do a cleanup every couple weeks and like to keep my pages to 6 and under.

I really hope they improve app management on 4.0. Folders perhaps?

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Instructions

For those of you who don't want to watch the whole video, here's what to do:

1. Make sure all existing pages are completely full with apps or bookmarks.
  2. Ensure that the application 'Voice Memo' is the last app on the last page. This is key.
  3. Go to the second to last page, and move the last app on that page to the last page. This will force Voice Memo off, and it will no longer be on the springboard.
  4. There is now one space available, on the second to last page. Add a new app (either by downloading from the app store or add a new bookmark in Safari) to fill this spot. Everything is now filled again.
  5. Reboot the phone
  6. Voice Memo is now back on the first page, and the new app you added in step 4 is on a new page 2 by itself.
  7. Continue as needed.

I've added 3 more pages so far.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i guess this is a cool trick, but i still don't see why anyone would want do many apps on their device. i have like 8 pages already and i can't possibly use them all as it is!

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
i guess this is a cool trick, but i still don't see why anyone would want do many apps on their device. i have like 8 pages already and i can't possibly use them all as it is!

8!!! I can't stand the clutter of the 5 pages I have, thats toooooo many dots for my liking. I also organize my apps by type, apps are on the first two, games the last 2, home is the base things plus shazam and sportacular, my two most used apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77