Get iPhone 5 on new line and switch to existing

Timberwolf

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a question, now that the iPhone 5 will be using a new, smaller (and incompatible) SIM card compared to the 4S. My mom will be joining our family plan, and I was wondering if it would be possible to have her take my 4S and I would take her new line discount and get an iPhone 5 on my line. I thought it would be a simple switch of SIM cards before the announcement, but now with the announcement would the in-store employees be able to do this for us? I like the 5 but not willing to pay more than a new line price to upgrade from my launch-day 4S! Thank you for any help!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's will be a simple device switch. Once the new line is added they can move the 4S to her line and put the 5 on urs leaving ur upgrade in tact.

Reactions: Timberwolf

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a question, now that the iPhone 5 will be using a new, smaller (and incompatible) SIM card compared to the 4S. My mom will be joining our family plan, and I was wondering if it would be possible to have her take my 4S and I would take her new line discount and get an iPhone 5 on my line. I thought it would be a simple switch of SIM cards before the announcement, but now with the announcement would the in-store employees be able to do this for us? I like the 5 but not willing to pay more than a new line price to upgrade from my launch-day 4S! Thank you for any help!

It will require a quick trip to the AT&T store (assuming your US based)... they can sort out the SIM situation and have you totally functional before you leave the store.

Reactions: Timberwolf

Turnma11

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You may want to go to an AT&T Corporate store because some of the other affilate stores don't have the clearance to change your account.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD