• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Gestures have me Hooked

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
The gestures are fine for me but I still prefer using an iPhone with a home button. Just more fluid for me.

You can enable a "virtual" home button, although it looks weird.

I personally love gestures, I can't imagine wanting to use a home button on a phone ever again.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm ������

Hard for me to understand how a button can be more fluid than a swipe

Quick double-tap, swipe apps away, done.

Rest my thumb on home button, in in a millisecond.

Swipe up, do some acrobatic thing to make the app switcher come up, hold an app so I can get the (-) to swipe away. I find that to be terrible.

Swipe up, hope the phone is in the right position to catch my face, wait for the second for the home screen to come up. Terrible.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Quick double-tap, swipe apps away, done.

Rest my thumb on home button, in in a millisecond.

Swipe up, do some acrobatic thing to make the app switcher come up, hold an app so I can get the (-) to swipe away. I find that to be terrible.

Swipe up, hope the phone is in the right position to catch my face, wait for the second for the home screen to come up. Terrible.

I agree with the tap for - to swipe away and Apple Pay was better with the button but the rest is better on the X in my opinion

dflyer

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Personally it’s the one if the biggest reasons I switched to X was because of gestures. The home button was what kept me away. Once you learn them it is faster imo. It is funny how everyone sees it differently.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Because people are more likely to be drawn in by pig animojis than they are by being able to set different notification profiles sadly.

I just dont get the whole emoji thing. We're devolving into using animated cartoon characters to express how we feel? WTF! Are we 4 years old?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
*picks up iPad and swipes*

smack head knowing it doesn't work that way.

*picks up iPhone and unlocks*

All is normal again....

Love gestures, could not go back full time to something else. I have adapted and no issues with user interaction on my end.

ssbtech

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I just dont get the whole emoji thing. We're devolving into using animated cartoon characters to express how we feel? WTF! Are we 4 years old?

Well we don't have a proper keyboard on iOS, so... yes. It's easier to express ourselves through animoji.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
*picks up iPad and swipes*

smack head knowing it doesn't work that way.

*picks up iPhone and unlocks*

All is normal again....

Love gestures, could not go back full time to something else. I have adapted and no issues with user interaction on my end.

I'm looking forward to trying out iOS 12 on my iPad, since then I will be able to swipe. ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman