Genius Bar / sales

I

iMore Question

All the genius area tables in New York are covered in new iPhones and the “genius’s” pushed me to buy a new phone instead of getting my glass fixed? It’s just a screen. Is this new or have I just not been in the store in awhile

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A salesperson's job is to sell. Let's get that out of the way. Having said that, he or she cannot force you to buy anything. In other words, the decision to buy is "yours". In addition, the decision not to buy is "yours". if all you want is to get the "glass fixed" on what I presume to be your iPhone, then make it crystal clear that you're there for that purpose only. They will fix it as long as you can pay for the repair.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not a normal experience. I brought my wife’s iPhone 6s in a few months back for a repair and at no time did the Genius recommend that I buy a new phone. From what I understand about how Apple Stores work Geniuses are not supposed to sell; they have people up front in the store who serve that purpose.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Never let anyone pressure you into buying anything be it a car house or device.

Some people buy because they feel bad or don’t want the sales person to think they can’t afford what there selling so they buy something they know there not really comfortable with so later they try to justify it by saying they had all the new stuff up front or something similar.

Bottom line it’s your hard earned money

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on one Apple Store often and usually get waited on by Business Team but the tech staff serve the whole store. I'm also there often because the store is about 1.5 blocks from my data center and we're a family of 5 with Apple stuff. Some staff members are better than others at sales. Feedback also comes from many of our employees going to the store.

They don't do anything out of hand and I think they've given some of our staff good advice when the point out the cost of a batter and screen for a 6 or 6S vs new products and especially when you see the advantages a new phone has.

With hundreds of employees using mobile for HR and Office 365 I also get dragged into their experiences at other places like phone and department stores. It would be nice if they all had the quality I see at the Apple Store.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowanJack