Full Screen Apps

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I must be missing something but I thought apps updated to work with the X were supposed to be full screen, not a huge gap on the top and bottom (like the iMore app has). Why are they like that?

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Well the email and Safari are full screen. Yahoo email and Google app are also full screen. So was just wondering. I thought it was something that Apple initially required.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I must be missing something but I thought apps updated to work with the X were supposed to be full screen, not a huge gap on the top and bottom (like the iMore app has). Why are they like that?

I’m not sure about the ‘iMore app, but the iMore Forums app is not yet formatted for the iPhone X.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there are still many apps that need to be updated for the screen of the iPhone X. Google is slowly rolling out updates for their apps. I’m seeing about one app per day that is updating for the X right now. Most of my apps though, are already updated. It just takes a little time.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
For me, when I started with the X I would say 35% were compatible with the screen, the other 65% had the huge black space at the top and bottom. Things have improved marginally for the apps I use since then but still a lot of apps are not properly utilizing the screen. It will be a while before they all do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoJo