Finally Switched to iPhone

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
No offense to the OP, but never understood the whole "COMING OUT" I switched to brand "X" posts ...
People are like: "HEY EVERYBODY I JUST SWITCHED TO BRAND X !!!
I'm like:
YAAAY! ...
you bought a phone ...
nice ...
yeah...
( uncomfortable silence ) ...
:straight-face:

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
No offense to the OP, but never understood the whole "COMING OUT" I switched to brand "X" posts ...
People are like: "HEY EVERYBODY I JUST SWITCHED TO BRAND X !!!
I'm like:
YAAAY! ...
you bought a phone ...
nice ...
yeah...
( uncomfortable silence ) ...
:straight-face:

That's not how, "No offense" works. Just because you preface a comment with "No offense" doesn't give the right to say offensive, immature things. Just stay off the thread. If I don't want offend someone, I'll be quiet. If I want to offend you, you'll know it. Hopefully you're ridiculous a$$ gets it. Additionally you're reference to "Coming Out" in and of itself is offensive. Seriously, you must be the Heir to the Massengil Thrown

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks like somebody got their tail slammed in the screen door ...
My no offense precursor was inserted into my comment to avoid one from thinking that i was singling them out for an attack, which was the furthest thing from my mind. I was merely commenting on the genre of this type of post as being a little pretentious.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I see no problems with a relatively new member introducing himself to the iMore community and giving a little mobile background on themselves. Those who see value in this are welcome to reply. Those who don't, are also welcome to ignore it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have jumped to iPhone from blackberry a couple years ago to and now have the iPhone 5.. And even tho blackberrys weren't such bad phone I just needed a change and I am happy with iPhone now

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, and congrats on your new phone! I think you'll find yourself right at home if you've been using BlackBerry 10. At least that's how I feel.

In terms of UI and navigation, iOS 7 is probably the closest to BB10. The Swipe in from left bezel should be a familiar gesture. Instead of swiping up, just press button. Multitasking just double tap the home button. Both OS doesn't have a fixed back button unlike WP and Android. Yeah, you get the point. Lol. If you are not familiar with iOS7, be sure to check out iMore 's everything about iOS 7 page. http://m.imore.com/ios-7 :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I see no problems with a relatively new member introducing himself to the iMore community and giving a little mobile background on themselves. Those who see value in this are welcome to reply. Those who don't, are also welcome to ignore it.
Look there's no difference between this type of post, and the "screw you Apple I'm switching to Android" post, with the exception that with one people fall allover themselves to lay down the welcome mat, and with the later they can't gather the torches & pitchforks fast enough to run the offender out of town while exclaiming "don't let the door hit you in the a$$"...
While true neither type of post are technically detrimental to the boards, at the same time they're not necessarily beneficial either, so it's easy to see why some would misconstrue them simply as "pretentious" & "attention grabs".
Now if I'm wrong about this, and a large number of members appreciate this type of interaction. Then I call out to the leaders of iMore to create a sub-fourm that would be dedicated to being a "welcome wagon", an appropriate forum for members to high five & slap-a$$ each other until they're blue in the face on what they spend their money on, and of course a place were you can give the community the finger when it's time to move on. This way the product forums can stay focused on discussions relevant to the products they serve, and others have a place to go to get the attention they need. At the end of the day I think everybody wins with this scenario right? ...

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
well there is a thread for `married and want to flirting via bbm on crackberry` i dont read it by the way, i post on this thread because im a new user and i found it exciting to share the experience, its my first so its exciting ,i understand for some people having an iphone is an ordinary thing, i work hard to get it,and i told all my family and everyone even want to have a photo of it...keep smile :)

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Look there's no difference between this type of post, and the "screw you Apple I'm switching to Android" post, with the exception that with one people fall allover themselves to lay down the welcome mat, and with the later they can't gather the torches & pitchforks fast enough to run the offender out of town while exclaiming "don't let the door hit you in the a$$"...
While true neither type of post are technically detrimental to the boards, at the same time they're not necessarily beneficial either, so it's easy to see why some would misconstrue them simply as "pretentious" & "attention grabs".
Now if I'm wrong about this, and a large number of members appreciate this type of interaction. Then I call out to the leaders of iMore to create a sub-fourm that would be dedicated to being a "welcome wagon", an appropriate forum for members to high five & slap-a$$ each other until they're blue in the face on what they spend their money on, and of course a place were you can give the community the finger when it's time to move on. This way the product forums can stay focused on discussions relevant to the products they serve, and others have a place to go to get the attention they need. At the end of the day I think everybody wins with this scenario right? ...

Face it, you commented to crack on the post. The no offense statement was in fact to cast the post in a negative light, which probably will offend. Deny it all you want, but if you had not wanted to stir things up or offend, you would have stayed silent.

Boards are social places. This may not add to your personal experience or the technical info here, but it is additive socially. We know who the op is, if he is knew, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77