Facebook Sync

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had tried Facebook sync on their iPhone. I have about 150 numbers in my phone and I know a lot of my friends don't have their numbers listed on Facebook. Also, a lot of the numbers are businesses and things of that nature. I was wondering if it would just sync the contacts to the numbers on Facebook or if it would delete/ make duplicates of the numbers I already have???

Just any kind of information really...experiences good and bad would be helpful.

Thanks

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It won't delete them bro. I have it synced on my 3G. My friends don't have their numbers linked to their FB accounts either. Just syncs them to what you have in your phonebook already.

Reactions: andrewsmith

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Are you trying to get the numbers into Facebook or what? If the numbers are already on your phone what is your mission here?

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to get the numbers into Facebook or what? If the numbers are already on your phone what is your mission here?

Syncing profile pictures so that they show up when people call me. That way I don't have to go in and add pictures manually.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Syncing profile pictures so that they show up when people call me. That way I don't have to go in and add pictures manually.

I see, I did that a ways back and it wasn't worth it. Ended up with duplicates if I remember correctly. Maybe they've improved it now.

I do vividly remember a friend last summer doing this with this BB Storm2 and for some reason it pulled my mom's phone number as my phone number and he was texting her for hours before he realized it wasn't me.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Took about 2 minutes to complete and I ended up with no duplicates. Pretty much every name that I had spelled right it my phone Facebook synced the correct picture. I will update if I find any flaws or anything.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
When/if you get logged out of facebook you'll lose all your photos. It's kinda weird and annoying. I stopped syncing facebook for that reason alone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinemichael37