Facebook notifications, sound in particular...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...has anyone noticed that over the last few days, when receiving comments, messages, etc, on their iPhone(s), Facebook seems to play a sound now?

I've noticed it a few times now, on my Mrs' iPhone. Albeit, it's not done it on mine once! And, I'm running 3.1.3, just like she is. Weird!?!

tipperd06

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey,
I've experienced the same thing except that it has been intermittent.
I had a couple of notifications come through with sound about three days ago, then it stopped, and then I just recieved one with sound then.
I am very keen to have sound, but would rather have no sound at all than intermittent sound.
I hope they fix it. Considering the size of the userbase that would access facebook from their iphone/ipod/ipad they should really fix all these bugs that are cropping up in the facebook app.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
It would be great if notifications were fixed, but I have yet to receive any sound. Even then, I don't always get notifications with Facebook, so it seems to be broken on several levels.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've previously read a lot about the inconsistency of Facebook notifications with the iPhone app. Can't recall seeing any rhyme or reason to it. Some people had issues; some didn't. I've personally turned off all notifications for the app itself. So I'm not seeing any notifications, but that's intentional. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy