Exchange problems :/

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to set up my gmail through exchange on the iPhone 5 and I have updated to 6.1.2, I have tried setting up with the settings that HAVE always worked ever since my iPhone 4, every time I get a "cannot connect to server issue". It works fine if I set it up as a gmail account but I prefer to set it up as exchange because it gives me the options of contacts calendars and faster push. Also the fact that you can "delete" emails instead of archiving. I've tried restoring the iPhone and setting up as new but it doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
yup....devices purchased after january 30 wont be able to be set up as an exchange UNLESS its a paid google account. unfortunately i had to warraty replace my iphone 5 mid february and have the same issue. however, my ipod 4 and ipad mini are still grandfathered.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to set up my gmail through exchange on the iPhone 5 and I have updated to 6.1.2, I have tried setting up with the settings that HAVE always worked ever since my iPhone 4, every time I get a "cannot connect to server issue". It works fine if I set it up as a gmail account but I prefer to set it up as exchange because it gives me the options of contacts calendars and faster push. Also the fact that you can "delete" emails instead of archiving. I've tried restoring the iPhone and setting up as new but it doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

Yes. This totally blows. As others mentioned support for new devices is no longer. I have my iPad and outlook on my Mac still setup but about a month ago, sold my iPhone 5 for a Nexus 4. I repurchased an iPhone 5 yesterday and was annoyed to find out that even with a backup, google still considers the device a new activation. Because of this I can no longer get exchange setup. Any new devices that we get will no longer get access. SUX.

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes. This totally blows. As others mentioned support for new devices is no longer. I have my iPad and outlook on my Mac still setup but about a month ago, sold my iPhone 5 for a Nexus 4. I repurchased an iPhone 5 yesterday and was annoyed to find out that even with a backup, google still considers the device a new activation. Because of this I can no longer get exchange setup. Any new devices that we get will no longer get access. SUX.

Same thing happened to me!!
I use both the nexus 4 and the iPhone 5 and it sucks I sold my Iphone 5 32 and bought a 64 and now I found out about this. It sucks they're trying to make us use the gmail app and I prefer the stock email client, I don't like the UI of the app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151