• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
can you edit Excel without a subscription. according to Google it says you can using Web version Microsoft [emoji6][emoji6] but I can’t figure it out

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Microsoft Outlook email account then you already have access to the web version of excel and others. Login to your Microsoft / Outlook account and then click on the squares and select excel. If you don’t have an outlook account, you can create one for free.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
so, I just need to make a Microsoft outlook email? I have my work email but it won’t work for some reason
You would need a personal account (aka Microsoft Account). Do make sure that organizational policy allows putting the document on a public cloud service such as Microsoft 365 (personal) or G Workspace.

A Work Account is tied to the licence provided by said employer, so they have control whether you have or not access to Microsoft 365 on the web (and its extent). Work Accounts are paid by the organization and do not get free versions of the apps even on the web.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You would need a personal account (aka Microsoft Account). Do make sure that organizational policy allows putting the document on a public cloud service such as Microsoft 365 (personal) or G Workspace.

A Work Account is tied to the licence provided by said employer, so they have control whether you have or not access to Microsoft 365 on the web (and its extent). Work Accounts are paid by the organization and do not get free versions of the apps even on the web.

I did not know that, thanks

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Here’s what I’m dealing with, I work for a local school district that wants my timesheet done every month in Excel for audit purposes not necessarily to get paid. All I need to do, is make a personal outlook email and login with that?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomoreimore