End of the Road for hardware SIM unlockers???

Mander66

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
New to Iphone, and a legit iIdiot

iHello iAll, and I hate to post on a dead horse but here is my first posting details.....

I recently made a trip back home (St. Louis) and managed to get one of those really cool iPhone 3G 16GB iPhones on ebay that came with a gevey turbosim card. I live in Sweden, and will be working here for at least another...... well at least until the end of this year...... Well at least until the end of today...... (Global Economic Crisis joke inserted here. I did NOT want to pay the ridiculous monthly fee here in Sweden for the iPhone off the shelf contract they have here which is FAR more expensive than the AT & T ones). I thought I had made a great decision in getting an ...well here is the direct Caption listed in ebay "Apple iPhone 3G Black 16gb NIB Unlocked and Jailbroken" I guess I must own the most expensive iTouch in Europe, or am I not alone? What are my options? if any? am I truly Gris Knullad? (Swedish) Sorry again to beat a dead horse but... any comments or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Mander66

omerrozen

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Bad Ash, being the Iphone god maybe u can save me! I bought Iphone 3G 16GB with gevey turbosim(threw ebay) the moment i turn on the screen i see the sign of USB cord and a arrow pointing to itunes....... I cant do anything to pass that stage! I saw a lot of other people in other forums that had the same problem. if you can point out a solution so i can save myself and point them all to this blog on how to save themselves will defiantly get you on mine and other people HOLY list.
Please be our saviour! :)

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
@Mander66: I would love to help but I am really not sure what you are asking. Sorry, but sometimes I get :confused: with all the words haha

@omerrozen: Sounds like you need to do a restore...what iTunes are you using, OS for computer, and what firmware (if you know) is the iPhone running?

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
I recd this email this morning from RebelSIM who supplied my SIM adapter card.
I guess if one company can do it then they all can(eventually).

But it should be remembered that if you ever want to use a software unlock(in the hopefully near future) then the dev team say NOT to upgrade to 2.2.

Dear Rebel User,

Great News for you !!

Our engineers have now cracked the new Apple iPhone 3G 2.2 Security.

Do not purchase a new unlocking simcard from other companies who would like to charge you ?30.

Their is no need to buy a new one as the latest firmware of rebel simcard which we are publishing tomorrow can be used on all existing rebel simcard using the rebel compact and full size programmers.

Both the versions of rebel simcard can be updated
Rebel simcard cut versions - ok to update
Rebel simcard no cut version - ok to update

See the Video below to see the iphone 3g 2.2 being unlocked with rebel simcard.
Video: Rebel simcard unlocking iphone 3g v2.2 with v2.28 latest baseband firmware

We will email all of the existing 50,000 rebel simcard users worldwide over the the next couple of day to give the Good news that the download of the new firmware has been posted on the website.

Rebel Simcard Development Team
Solutions Point Limited

Happy Rebelling!

Robbie#IM

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
SIM Proxy, Updated to 2.2, Now Locked

Hey everyone, I'm using a 3G iphone with a SIM proxy, all was well before I updated to 2.2, here is what I did:
- Downloaded the 2.2 update and updated, without thinking. I've been able to successfully allow my iphone to connect to itunes AFTER removing the proxied SIM card, but even if iTunes detects my proxied SIM, I STILL DID NOT GET LOCKED OUT.
- iTunes detects my unofficial proxied SIM, any attempts to restart the iphone is unsuccessful, all show "NO SERVICE".
- A even dumber move: I then tried to restore my iPhone, without thinking, with 2.2.
- Now I need to activate the iPhone again through iTunes, but I can not do that with my proxied SIM card, which is not official.
- My iPhone just shows me a USB cord connecting to iTunes, and if I insert my proxied SIM card, iTunes tells me my SIM is invalid.

I am confused as to what I can do:
- How do I downgrade the baseband firmware to 2.1? I have downloaded the 2.1 firmware but am having trouble installing it. Putting the iPhone in restore mode by holding the sleep and home buttons did not work well, iTunes could not select the downloaded firmware.
- I activated the iphone without problems when I got it, when it was still in 2.1, even with the proxied SIM.

PLEASE, any solutions would be highly appreciated, as this iPhone is very important to what I do.
Thanks
Robbie

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I guess you did not read the link I posted for you in the other thread you started? Well if you didn't you are pretty much stuck for the moment. You updated the baseband on your phone. There is no going back for you now at least for now.

CJ225

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Stuatino have you had any luck with your rebelsim yet?I just ordered one today that is suppossed to work with the 2.2 firmware

Tekgeeek

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
There will always be people who want to do it the easy way than to jailbreak then unlock and spend all that time learning how to do both...

mdbiggs0531

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok, question

Ok, maybe I am a dumb butt, but I just wanna ask a question.

I have a 3G that i bought the Gevey for. It works OK at BEST. Lose signal a lot.

I downloaded the yellowsn0w software unlock last nite, and it seems to work ok. Still losing signal more than I would like but if i turn airplane mode on and then back off again then it finds the signal again.

My (maybe dumb) question is this - do I now take my sim card out of the Gevey and just put it in the normal tray in the phone?

I have t-mobile and i do NOT (as far as I know) have a 3G card.

Thank you so much!

billu

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I found this site unlocking4u.com for sim unlock..get the unlock code in this site after that follow the instructions in the same site....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4