Dropped my iPhone 6 plus and nearly had a heart attack

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's easier said than done. I too dropped my phone and cracked up the screen. However Apple took care of it. I know it's just a phone but I feel your pain. I too have a Black leather case from Apple yet I know I need a sturdier protective case. But that leather case is just so pretty. I'm looking forward to finding a new more protective case. In my business my phone must be used at least 16 hours per day.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dude don't cry... It's just a phone... Mine has scratches on top corners and some on the back i don't care because if you're battery gives up or something apple just give you a new iphone or just buy a new housing.. But its just a phone someday it wil get scratches somewhere.. And yes i use a case as wel since i dropped mine at home

"It's just a phone"

Thank you so much for your brilliant insight there funkyDJ. Your lack of concern really makes you a god amongst men!

All kidding aside, who are you to assign value to other people's concern? I'd be furious if I scratched my iPhone, which is why it stays in a case and has a screen protector on it. Trivializing another person's property is hilariously asinine...some people can't just replace or repair their device on a whim, and even in my case, where I could easily replace mine if something happened, it's not like I just shrug my shoulders about a $1,000 investment in a phone like it's nothing...it would suck, as would walking around with a cosmetically damaged device.

Your youthful lack of concern will one day be replaced with a more real world understanding of things. At that point, maybe you won't parade around telling people "don't cry" because they've expressed concern over something important to them.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Let's set the record straight. I don't have any friends. Neither do I have a lot of extra money laying around. I don't drink or party. I don't do a lot of mall shopping. I'm not such a girly girl that must have my nails toes done on a regular basis. My phone is my hobby and I try to take care of it. This phone costed me almost $1000.00..So yes I feel bad for anyone who drops or break it. It can't easily be replaced. Yes it would suck walking around with a cosmetically damaged phone. No one else can see it but I do. I was of great concern for me.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
If ANY of my smartphones were damaged, you'd all hear about it! Sad that we value our devices, but, they are not exactly cheap, are they?

For those that have damaged their screens and the likes, sorry to hear that. Apple seem to do well helping people with screen replacements...

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Example: Dropped my phone and i was too cheap initially to purchase AppleCare. I went into the Apple Store with money in hand to get my screen repaired. On my initial visit when I got there after traveling about 35 minutes the store had a power outage due to construction in the area. When I returned 3 days later the service was superb. Wait time was short and I left with a new phone and money still in my pocket. Thanks and "Go Apple" I will never purchase a iPhone without Apple Care Plus.

alepajaresc12

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
At least those are only scratches. Today I was listening with earplugs on, and suddenly I walked and totally forgot about my iPhone and I don?t why it fell so hard into the floor. But the thing is I tried to play the music (because it stopped when the earplugs came off), but it wouldn?t turn on. Not even a ddead battery signal, or an apple in the screen. NOTHING. I?m worried that something explote inside because it?s getting hotter and hotter. Please help, I on?t know what to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien