• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely an "app hoarder". The new "offload" feature has been great though especially since I went with the 64GB X this time after having a 128GB 7+. I've offloaded all the big stuff I don't use but don't want to get rid of "just case" (mostly games), photo apps I grabbed either free or "free app of the X" from the Starbucks app when they were doing that for example, and other apps over a few MB in size. Being able to get rid of stuff like "sheets" and whatever the other "MS Office-like" apps that come with iOS has been nice too since those are a few 100 MB and I have zero use for them on my phone.

nappalonia

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm not a big app person myself, so I can understand the need get rid of apps you aren't using. I prefer one screen, 2 minimum, and 1 page has only 1 app so I can see my wallpaper, everything else is organized in folders on the other page. I currently have 52 apps and I think that nis too much :p

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been an app hoarder for so long. I always think "what if I need this app down the road?" Which is funny, because I am the one in the family who tells everyone else that if you haven't used it in a year, you aren't going to - so donate it or throw it away. I really think I need to sit down and delete a bunch of stuff that I never touch on my iPhone. Might help out with some anxiety and clean up my phone a bit. Just don't know where to start!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I completely understand the concept of hoarding apps and needing to downsize! Currently, I have 193 apps on my phone. I have been on the road for several days and away from decent WiFi. So haven’t been able to update my apps. I’m doing now and found that I have 36 updates. Yes, I need to downsize, but how is the question!!!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I completely understand the concept of hoarding apps and needing to downsize! Currently, I have 193 apps on my phone. I have been on the road for several days and away from decent WiFi. So haven’t been able to update my apps. I’m doing now and found that I have 36 updates. Yes, I need to downsize, but how is the question!!!

I think one good way is to remove any app that is rarely used and offers a suitable mobile webpage.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you wipe your phones from time to time and start over? I’m thinking of doing that and just adding apps I need as I need them...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you wipe your phones from time to time and start over? I’m thinking of doing that and just adding apps I need as I need them...

Oh heck yeah! I’m a huge fan of restoring and setting up as new on occasion. The next time I do it will be in a few weeks when Apple releases the first developer beta of iOS 12.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
On iOS I don't do it unless I have to. On my Android phones I have to after every major OS update because it always seems to screw things up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman