Does Apple review beta apps before allowing it into TestFlight?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey gang - I recently began beta testing a new iOS app called Type Mail (formerly Blue Mail). Some of you might know the Android counterpart, and from what I've seen of the app, it has a great deal of promise and many cool features. That said, I'm a little concerned that there's not much background on the company behind the app. I emailed their support to ask them why this was the case, and the response I got indicated that they were made up of people from many different international areas and that they would have some sort of "company public unviewing" (something along those lines) once the iOS app presumably hits the App Store. Great, huh?

In light of that response, I'm a little worried about the beta app and whether it's even a good idea to keep testing it. Since I'm not familiar with the behind-the-scenes stuff, can anyone tell me if I can presume that Apple's own techs have reviewed the beta before allowing it into TestFlight? Or does Type Apps (the company) just post the beta without any review? I just want to be sure that I'm not testing something that ultimately may come back to bite me. TIA!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iTunes checks all the apps, beta included. I doubt the devs behind the apps though. Sometimes it's just one or two people.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The beta review isn't as extensive as the release review. As others have said they don't check out the trustworthiness of the devs. Only way an app would get pulled from the store would be from legit, numerous user complaints. TestFlight users would not even have that minimal protection.

DUKE546

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
it depends if you were an internal or an external tester. With an internal tester, the app is NOT reviewed. If you are an external tester the app has been reviewed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855