• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Does Apple Care cover the band of the watch original order?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
FYI...

"Service coverage is available only for the Apple Watch and its original included accessories that are defective in materials or workmanship or for battery depletion of 50 percent or more from original specification. The replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See terms at AppleCare+ for full details."

Hmmmmmm. I ordered the 42mm SS BSB with Apple Care and ordered the bracelet later.

I may have made a mistake.

D

Deleted member 233079

Everything purchased from Apple typically had their 1 year warranty, so save your receipt. You may not get the AppleCare+ coverage after the first year however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
That's very useful to know.

Second generation, may well order the space black watch. Or may sit out till third generation. Very happy so far with first gen device.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Everything purchased from Apple typically had their 1 year warranty, so save your receipt. You may not get the AppleCare+ coverage after the first year however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with this. Even though you purchased the link bracelet separately, that comes with it's own 1 year warranty, so you should be good.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. Even though you purchased the link bracelet separately, that comes with it's own 1 year warranty, so you should be good.

Not worried about the first year. However, if I had bought my watch with bracelet and AC. Both would be covered for 2 years.

I should have thought of that when I placed my watch order.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok