Does Anyone Know How To Turn off Carrier Voicemail?

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Does anyone know how to turn off carrier voicemail. I no longer get audio voice messages and instead get text messages from my phone company saying what the message says. Does anyone know how to turn this off so I can go back to the audio voicemails on the iPhone?

Thanks in advance for any help. It’s much appreciated

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Turn off Carrier Voicemail?

Does anyone know how to turn off carrier voicemail. I no longer get audio voice messages and instead get text messages from my phone company saying what the message says. Does anyone know how to turn this off so I can go back to the audio voicemails on the iPhone?

Thanks in advance for any help. It’s much appreciated

I would suggest getting in touch with your carrier

Last edited:

happycool

Feb 28, 2019
Visit site

1. Press the phone icon button on the screen of your iPhone and dial *#62#. Note down the voice mailbox number you will get on a piece of paper or memorize it if you are good in it.
2. Now opens the phone settings, tap on the phone icon as the menu opens and select the call forwarding option. here type the voice mailbox number which you have with you in the space provided to you there. Exit after saving the settings.
3. Now open your Iphone's keypad and dial #404 to turn off the voice mail on your phone. Afterward, call your voicemail box to check for messages if any.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

1. Press the phone icon button on the screen of your iPhone and dial *#62#. Note down the voice mailbox number you will get on a piece of paper or memorize it if you are good in it.
2. Now opens the phone settings, tap on the phone icon as the menu opens and select the call forwarding option. here type the voice mailbox number which you have with you in the space provided to you there. Exit after saving the settings.
3. Now open your Iphone's keypad and dial #404 to turn off the voice mail on your phone. Afterward, call your voicemail box to check for messages if any.

This does not work for Verizon phones.

eyet

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Have Verizon remove the “Voice Mail to Text for iPhone” feature. Or you can do this yourself by logging in to your account on their website or in the “My Verizon” app. They charge $2.99 for this feature that it is hard to imagine why anyone would want.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have Verizon remove the “Voice Mail to Text for iPhone” feature. Or you can do this yourself by logging in to your account on their website or in the “My Verizon” app. They charge $2.99 for this feature that it is hard to imagine why anyone would want.

Being hearing Impaired, I like it. It's part of my Verizon plan. I don't pay an extra $2.99.

eyet

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Being hearing Impaired, I like it. It's part of my Verizon plan. I don't pay an extra $2.99.

Are you talking about the Verizon feature that transcribes the message and sends it as an SMS text message or the Apple voice mail feature that shows a transcription in the voice mail tab of the phone app?

I use the Apple feature all the time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the Verizon feature that transcribes the message and sends it as an SMS text message or the Apple voice mail feature that shows a transcription in the voice mail tab of the phone app?

I use the Apple feature all the time.

Transcription. I just know I have it and don't pay extra.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I find trying to hear the audio of a voicemail frustrating at best.
I actually like the voicemail to text feature, even though it can misspell at times.
With Verizon, I have an option to cancel the feature through the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4