Do you think smartphones with large bezels look outdated?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
They kinda do.. I mean the S8+ looks beautiful with thin bezels.

Have you tried putting a tempered glass protector on the screen? Have you seen what most of the protective cases look like? I've used an S8, edge taps were still a thing for me. It's The main reason I'm still using an iPhone. I'm avoiding the bezel-less, edged screens Samsung is using.

Also, do d the S8 screen aspect ratio to be awful. The phone is like a Hershey Bar and the screen is so narrow (particularly when you factor in the edges, which reflect light like mad BTW) that even typing quickly becomes an issue.

I personally think people like them largely because of the look, and confirmation bias helps them to bury the negatives. I personally don't care what it looks like. Usability is king. I don't look at other people's phones that much, and barely care what they're carrying.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried putting a tempered glass protector on the screen? Have you seen what most of the protective cases look like? I've used an S8, edge taps were still a thing for me. It's The main reason I'm still using an iPhone. I'm avoiding the bezel-less, edged screens Samsung is using.

Also, do d the S8 screen aspect ratio to be awful. The phone is like a Hershey Bar and the screen is so narrow (particularly when you factor in the edges, which reflect light like mad BTW) that even typing quickly becomes an issue.

I personally think people like them largely because of the look, and confirmation bias helps them to bury the negatives. I personally don't care what it looks like. Usability is king. I don't look at other people's phones that much, and barely care what they're carrying.

I’ve heard complaints regarding the screen protector on the S8. I’d be happy with a bezelless iPhone without it having any edged screens.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't mind the bezels. Sure going bezel-less is the current theme, and I enjoy window shopping all the new phones without bezels and I touch every part of that darn screen without intention (S8/S8+ I am talking to you!). You almost have to put a case on it. However, given time of ownership I'm sure it's not as bad as I make it out to be.

I tend to lean towards liking the G6 and V30 vs the S8/S8+/Note 8. I'm just a flat screener I guess.

I don't notice bezels when I'm using a phone anyway. I do notice how heavy a phone is when I drop it on my face in bed though.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Interestingly it looks like the new iPhones except the X will still have the big bezels!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151