Do You Have To Supply A Fake Christmas Gift Wish?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Because I’m the type of man who rarely wants anything aside from the few things I buy myself throughout the year, I rarely have a wish for any type of gift for Christmas.

In the past, the gifts that I did ask for were deemed “too expensive”.

With that being said, I end up giving a list of a few items I really don’t want, but could be useful. Am I the only person who does this?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Amazon or Apple gift cards. All I ever ask for. That way I can get what I want and not something I’ll never use.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Amazon or Apple gift cards. All I ever ask for. That way I can get what I want and not something I’ll never use.

Amen to that! I used to share wish lists with friends and family but that always was just kind of a no go. So I don’t even do that anymore.

Last edited:

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I get asked by family every year for a bs list. I’m the guy who just buys what I want when I see a deal. A list for me is a waste of time. I just jokingly put pay a bill for me or just get gift cards.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I typically always can think of reasonably priced items that I'd like to have whether it be clothing items, cologne or something. And if all else fails, gift cards are always welcomed.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’ve learned not to say that would be cool to have during the summer months because someone is always listening and then I get it for X-mass with the remember you wanted it comment

No I don’t remember

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I look at this way. Christmas has gotten to be to commercialized.
You see people fighting on Black Friday, over the last gift, and trampling over each other to get into the store.
I told my Mom the other day what I tell her every year, when asked what I want for Christmas.
I’ll be 60 soon, so I am blessed. I have you and Dad still around to share the holidays with, not many people can say that. What more do I need that I cannot buy for myself?
With that said, I am a lazy shopper, Amazon and Apple gift cards for everyone, and cash for my Niece whose birthday falls on Christmas.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I rarely ever want anything because I’ll usually get it myself as well. When asked by my wife or daughter. I tell em get me some cheap gift cards to somewhere & I’ll be content.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I usually tell people to donate what they would spend on me to a charity & that can be my gift. I’m extremely funny about people shopping for me. Plus I hate clutter....If I’m not using it, it has to go!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I usually tell people to donate what they would spend on me to a charity & that can be my gift. I’m extremely funny about people shopping for me. Plus I hate clutter....If I’m not using it, it has to go!

I wish more people would do this. The world would be a better place.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Every year my MIL wants Christmas gift ideas for me but I normally buy what I want for myself throughout the year so I have a hard time coming up with something. She prefers to give actual gifts but I don't want stuff just for the sake of getting something. I've settled on her just getting me a Visa or Mastercard gift card that way I can get what I want from wherever I want and I don't have the hassle to re-gift whatever she bought me that I don't like/want. She's not thrilled about it but hey if it's for me and you asked my opinion then get me what I want otherwise don't ask.

ReillyAllison

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
I think it's very cool to make wish lists. It makes it easier for your loved ones to find a gift you will like. I always create wish lists. I use an app to do this so that other users can see my list. I usually include things that aren't too expensive. I've already received several gifts from my wish list. It's so lovely to get something that you really want and need. Recently I included a new item on my wish list. I want to get a basket of sweets from https://www.jetgiftbaskets.com/. I have specified my favourite candies, and I hope someone will give me such a basket.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I shared a wish list with my nephews and they were so relieved to get something I wanted. I was careful to have items with affordable prices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77