• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Do Public beta testers get the GM release?

Nepaiphone

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a device in Dev Beta but was asked if Public Beta testers also get the GM ahead of release or if they have to wait for the official release date

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 GM

I am on PB9. Do I have to delete the IOS Bete S/W profile to get to GM release? Or will just update to the GM? Confused!!!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I am on PB9. Do I have to delete the IOS Bete S/W profile to get to GM release? Or will just update to the GM? Confused!!!!

Last year, the last public beta that was released ended up being the same software as iOS 10, so the last public beta was the GM. There was no update from the public beta to the final version (though there was a quick update to public beta 10.0.2 IIRC.)

Of course, it could be different this year. I've just deleted the beta profile from my iPad because I don't want to keep getting iOS 11 betas after the full release, and public beta 9 has been rock-solid for me.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Last year, the last public beta that was released ended up being the same software as iOS 10, so the last public beta was the GM. There was no update from the public beta to the final version (though there was a quick update to public beta 10.0.2 IIRC.)

Of course, it could be different this year. I've just deleted the beta profile from my iPad because I don't want to keep getting iOS 11 betas after the full release, and public beta 9 has been rock-solid for me.

Yeah, the update specifically says "iOS 11". Nothing about public beta. Definitely going to delete the profile after I install it

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

Ummmm, don't know what's happening but I was on PB9 and now it's downloading a 2.4Gb update. I guess it's downloading the GM!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Oh yes! For me much smoother and finished feeling. I was worried with 9 but this is the real thing!

It’s the same build number. Apple just remove the “a” on the build number and unlocked a couple things like the new walls. But yeah, its the same build as the final beta.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohammadreza