Disappointed in PowerBeats Pro

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I got my PowerBeats Pro in yesterday, which I was very excited for because I loved the PowerBeats 2's, but hated the 3's because I thought they sounded terrible. With Apple stating that they focused so much on getting great sound out of them I was very optimistic that these would be great.

Unfortunately, the audio on them is just really bad. I'm comparing the audio to the Airpods 1 and 2 (which I own). The audio is no where near the quality that it is on the Airpods. It just sounds hollow, and honestly its not nearly as loud as the AirPods.

What's sad about this is how great the feel and fit is of the PowerBeats. The AirPods fit great in my ears as well, but I was just hoping for something with a little more ooomph in the sound. The PowerBeats Pro is not it. The fit and secure feel of them is the best I've ever felt in wireless headphones, but this poor sound quality is just killing them for me.

I'm not getting rid of them yet and will continue testing them, but thus far the audio quality is a major let down for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That’s unfortunate, but I’m interested in the feedback of others who have also ordered and have received heir new Powerbeats Pro earpiece. Hopefully, the sound will improve for you.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Even without hearing them I would disagree right away, it’s a very hard to sound worse than AirPods IMO. Sorry to hear the PowerBeats don’t quite cut it for you. I would get them if I could afford them.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I got my PowerBeats Pro in yesterday, which I was very excited for because I loved the PowerBeats 2's, but hated the 3's because I thought they sounded terrible. With Apple stating that they focused so much on getting great sound out of them I was very optimistic that these would be great.

Unfortunately, the audio on them is just really bad. I'm comparing the audio to the Airpods 1 and 2 (which I own). The audio is no where near the quality that it is on the Airpods. It just sounds hollow, and honestly its not nearly as loud as the AirPods.

What's sad about this is how great the feel and fit is of the PowerBeats. The AirPods fit great in my ears as well, but I was just hoping for something with a little more ooomph in the sound. The PowerBeats Pro is not it. The fit and secure feel of them is the best I've ever felt in wireless headphones, but this poor sound quality is just killing them for me.

I'm not getting rid of them yet and will continue testing them, but thus far the audio quality is a major let down for me.

Well this is VERY surprising news. I didn't see that coming.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Even without hearing them I would disagree right away, it’s a very hard to sound worse than AirPods IMO. Sorry to hear the PowerBeats don’t quite cut it for you. I would get them if I could afford them.

Interesting thought. If I didn't know any better which I do because this is actually my second set of AirPods, listening to your statement I would think the Apple AirPods sound lousy which they don't. I have tried several brands of earbuds at many different price points and IMHO they (Airpods) sound good. Are they the best money can buy... NO, but IMO they're somewhere above middle of the pack with the plethora of earbuds available...#justsayin

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow...that’s interesting!!! I’m wondering if you got a defective pair? I’ve seen a few reviews that describe the sound as being pretty good. I still plan on getting them but had to put myself on a shopping sabbatical after spending WAY too much this past week (not including my watch)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow...that’s interesting!!! I’m wondering if you got a defective pair? I’ve seen a few reviews that describe the sound as being pretty good. I still plan on getting them but had to put myself on a shopping sabbatical after spending WAY too much this past week (not including my watch)

I was wondering the same thing! You might want to explore that possibility! I'm sorry that this has happened to you... I totally get being disappointed after being so excited... and after spending so much money!

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually it appears I did get a defective pair. My wife's arrived yesterday and they sound night and day different than mine. I've called Apple and they are sending me a new pair (when they will arrive they were not sure). The sound on my wife's is completely different than it is on mine. Its loud and crisp and the music thumps. My bad on posting the poor review, looks like just a bad pair of them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually it appears I did get a defective pair. My wife's arrived yesterday and they sound night and day different than mine. I've called Apple and they are sending me a new pair (when they will arrive they were not sure). The sound on my wife's is completely different than it is on mine. Its loud and crisp and the music thumps. My bad on posting the poor review, looks like just a bad pair of them.

Excellent, and thank you for the update, sir...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I think it’s fine that you posted a review! And I’m so pleased for you that it’s working out for you!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Good to see that you got a defective pair and it is not a common theme. I am looking to pick up a pair to replace my aging jaybird headphones.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

This is great news!!! I mean it’s bad you got a defective pair, but at least you didn’t waste your money on bad earbuds. Glad everything worked out for you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberdragon505