Did you get insurance on your iPhone 5?

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Got a case but place down street replace screen for 70 bucks or do it my self for less so 99 for apple care an a 50 deductible is double what I would pay even if I used it twice in one year ... I am debating going with a zagg or some fully body just to go case less

but are they legit screens?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya used them before on 4 and 4s can't tell diff between there's and stock .. Since apple don't sell oem replacements no one is going to be oem but the quality looks the same and they warranty the part and work so any issues they take care of it ... Place is cool has over 150 five star on yelp
An best of all they are fast like 30 min but I would be also I guess if you do it multiple times a day lol

flyersfan76

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
A one time charge of $100 is better than a monthly charge that is more than $120.

From what I have heard the AppleCare+ was way better.

Asurion was too much of a headache the couple times I used it.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I have Apple Care +. Got offered a $15/month plan through Best Buy so if something happens I can get a new one, or even get the next iPhone when it comes out, but I decided I'll stick with this phone for two years.

What all does AppleCare+ offer? Can somebody tell me, I wasn't 100% sure. Water damage? Scratches? Pixel damage? And if something happened to my phone, do they just give me a new one? Refurbished one? Send it off for repair and I wait for it to come back?

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
There is a $50 deductible for any physical damage to the device like crack screen or I believe liquid damage. AppleCare also covers accessories that came with the phone too. Any hardware malfunction is covered as well

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

andyxramirez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 with AT&T. yes I have the 10$/month insurance. Why? Because it pretty much covers everything including lost or stolen. which I plan on pretending I lost my phone so I can get another one just for 450 plus the tax and all that other stuff.. what can I do with two iPhone? Simple. sell one for 600. Or just help a friend out. and I'll have another replacement for myself if I ever really do lose my iPhone.. Nuff said.

andyxramirez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
if you have AT&T you better have gotten the AT&T 10$/insurance instead of AppleCare. I did! Pretty much covers everything. if I lose my iPhone 5 I'll only have to pay 450 for another one. which I don't plan on losing it lol but lets say I pretend I lost my iPhone 5 and get another one for 450 I can just resell it for 600:) brand new! or you can help out a friend and just keep the last replacement for yourself just in case you really do lose your iPhone 5.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
if you have AT&T you better have gotten the AT&T 10$/insurance instead of AppleCare. I did! Pretty much covers everything. if I lose my iPhone 5 I'll only have to pay 450 for another one. which I don't plan on losing it lol but lets say I pretend I lost my iPhone 5 and get another one for 450 I can just resell it for 600:) brand new! or you can help out a friend and just keep the last replacement for yourself just in case you really do lose your iPhone 5.

If you "lose" your iPhone you wouldn't be able to activate it though right? Since the MEID on the phone will considered lost/stolen there's no way you'd be able to activate it on AT&T I'm sure you can flash it and use it for maybe cricket, metro pcs or possibly t-mobile.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
WHEN I get the 5 I will yes. My 4 got stolen last year and the absolute circlejerk that has ensued since then ....yes. I will.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
AppleCare+. It's much cheaper than the Verizon insurance and the coverage is just as good. Plus, you can just go to the Apple Store and they will usually replace it right then and there for you. Verizon requires a claim and a few days waiting on Asurion to get your phone to you b

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I passed on insurance like I always do/have. Ten days after purchase the wife drops her new 5 and shatters (and I mean shatters) the screen. Her 2nd 5 is in the largest, bulkiest Otterbox I could find as a subtle reminder of my love.....and her need to handle such premium equipment with care!! :0

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I used to never get insurance. I was thrown into the pool once and ruined the phone. Paid out of pocket for a new one. Then I got thrown in a month later with the new phone. Same issue. Now, I get the insurance. Just had a thought, if the insurance is 9.99 per month and it costs $10 to add a line, is it worth getting the insurance?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I used to never get insurance. I was thrown into the pool once and ruined the phone. Paid out of pocket for a new one. Then I got thrown in a month later with the new phone. Same issue. Now, I get the insurance. Just had a thought, if the insurance is 9.99 per month and it costs $10 to add a line, is it worth getting the insurance?

Psh I would make that person who threw me in the pool pay for my phone I would be so pissed!!

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

You need a lifeproof case since you get thrown in water a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77