Developer Beta 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Developer Beta 8

Beta 9 is only 2 builds newer from Monday’s beta. Don’t expect any major or noticeable changes.

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Re: Developer Beta 8

My guess is they’ve gotten most of the important stuff addressed now they’re “Apple Proofchecking” the final bits and pieces

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Could not have said it better myself......

via Macrumors User

1. iOS 11 is not a major milestone.
2. Files app is a disappointment. Why it is even there? wasting space....
3. Changes have been made for the sake of change.
4. We might get used to the iPad’s hybrid dock/multi tasking.
5. iPad 10.5 “gliding on butter” smoothness present on iOS 10.3.3 is significantly reduced on iOS 11 B9.
6. Dat Facetime audio call connecting sound! Feels like floating fat man farting underwater.
7. 3D touch multi-tasking removed.
8. Stuttering animations on all devices.
9. Selecting and Copying text in Safari is still a nightmare. Selection jumps all over the screen.
10. Random UI glitches like no lockscreen wallpaper, black wallpaper during call, keyboard jumping up and down, getting stuck.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

via Macrumors User

Some of those are valid but some quite ridiculous. The 3D Touch multitasking was a joke and never worked right. The Facetime Audio sound is just opinion. The smoothness will get ironed out, and the files app is really just an improved iCloud drive app that was present in iOS 10, so its not really worth complaining over. I would expect the random UI glitches to be ironed out, just like they were with iOS10.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

via Macrumors User

I agree with most except number 5. In early betas I would say yes I agree. But on the most recents betas, it’s been at 10.3.3 level for smoothness. Having a 10.5 pro I can say it’s buttery smooth.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I wholeheartedly disagree with everything he complains about.
iOS 11 has been smooth from the get go for me. iOS 10 was the same.

I cannot comment about how the iOS 11 was from the get go, I didn't download until PB 6, but it has been rock solid for me since. Battery life was greatly improved, at least for me, on PB 7...running it on my 7Plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh dang, I've been online for the past hour or so, albeit part work, part forum participation and I'm just now seeing that beta 9 has dropped. Installing it now and will update the iPad Pro afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77